fldigi logbook selection

QSO logging software for the Mac
KB5HPL

fldigi logbook selection

Unread post by KB5HPL »

I could not find my fldigi logbook using RUMlog for doing the fldigi logbook import under preferences. Because, the fldigi logbook is in a hidden folder (.fldigi). I tried several things, but could not figure out how to get it selected. I have OSX 10.5.

But, here is what eventually worked.

From a new finder window, I selected Go > Go to Folder...

Then, entered ~/.fldigi

Then, found fldigi log file (/logs/logbook.adif), and created an alias for the file. I moved the alias to my documents folder.

Then, in the RUMlog preferences fldigi log button, I selected the alias instead. It now finds the correct log file for checking my fldigi logbook.

Just my experience, i am sure there are other ways...
-- Peter (KB5HPL)
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: fldigi logbook selection

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The following is valid for all "Open File" dialogs in OS-X: To see the hidden files, press Command :
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
M0JEK

Re: fldigi logbook - time of QSO

Unread post by M0JEK »

Hi,

I am using the fldigi logbook update function, and I notice that the time pulled into RUMlog from the fldigi logbook is the start time of the QSO and not the end time. Would this be a possible issue? Generally when I have logged QSO in the past, either manually or from cocoaModem, the end time is used as the time stamp. I was wondering if one could add a switch so one can choose which time stamp is used when importing logs.

This probably a none-issue anyway ... thoughts? :-)
73 de André, M0JEK
M0JEK

Re: fldigi logbook - time of QSO

Unread post by M0JEK »

Ah... silly me :oops:

I just found that it is a setting in FLDIGI UI configuration "Date time ON == OFF" needs to be checked to get what I needed.
Attachments
flidigi configure ui pane
flidigi configure ui pane
73 de André, M0JEK
KB5HPL

Unread post by KB5HPL »

DL2RUM wrote:The following is valid for all "Open File" dialogs in OS-X: To see the hidden files, press Command :
Yes, I tried selecting the Command key, but with my 10.5.8 machine, it does not work. Nor does that work with my 10.6.5 machine. You must have enabled a setting for that some how...just have to find it.
-- Peter (KB5HPL)
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I don't know your keyboard layout. On a german keyboard I have to press the shift key as well to reach the ':' In fact I have to press Command Shift Dot
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
WK8A

Unread post by WK8A »

On a US Keyboard, the > character is in the same location as the : character on a German keyboard. To select the fldigi log on a US keyboard, from the Digi window under RUMLog Preferences, click on Log. The Open File window then opens--make sure you are in your home directory. Next, press Command-Shift and the > symbol. The hidden files and folders will then appear. Navigate to .fldigi/logs/logbook.adif. Your fldigi log should then be selected. Hope that helps!

73 de John, WK8A