Fetching LoTW data

QSO logging software for the Mac
k4jh

Fetching LoTW data

Unread post by k4jh »

I've seen this on several versions of RUMlog, including 4.9

When fetching data from LoTW, the last QSO confirmation that was downloaded is always shown after checking.

For example, let's say I work DL2RUM on May 1st, then on May 10th I check for LoTW data and get a confirmation from DL2RUM. The "S" on the QSO entry changes to an "X", as expected. Then for example on May 20th I check again for LoTW data, and if no one else has confirmed any QSOs, I will get another notice that there's a confirmation available from DL2RUM.

This does not happen with eQSL.

Is the problem on ARRL's side, or is it an issue with RUMlog?

-jav k4jh
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Fetching LoTW data

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When downloading data, LoTW provides a timestamp with the date and time when the last QSL came in. The ARRL recommends to use this timestamp for the next query. Only QSLs received on or after that date/time will be returned. When you set this timestamp 1 second ahead, you will not get the duplicated QSO.

I could do this. Is it really an issue or problem? HW?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
k4jh

Unread post by k4jh »

DL2RUM wrote:When downloading data, LoTW provides a timestamp with the date and time when the last QSL came in. The ARRL recommends to use this timestamp for the next query. Only QSLs received on or after that date/time will be returned. When you set this timestamp 1 second ahead, you will not get the duplicated QSO.

I could do this. Is it really an issue or problem? HW?
I wouldn't spend any effort in "fixing" this, unless you're really bored. I asked out of idle curiosity.

-jav k4jh
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I would make no changes. When I see the last QSO, I know all is working well, :roll:
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM