Digi modes etc.

QSO logging software for the Mac
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Digi modes etc.

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I do not get the red marked window, nor can I find the "Open Controls" button on the cocoaModem main window.
Once again: The screen shot shows the Lite interface. You can activate this in the cocoaModem's preferences.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
NF4L

Unread post by NF4L »

Thanks Rick -
K6LE wrote:You don't need an FSK interface with the RUMlog and the K3.
Yes, I know.
K6LE wrote:If you set the Digi preferences to "cM (RX + K3 (FSK)" then it will use the K3's internal FSK generator driven by the serial port.
Interesting. I still need the audio cable for rx tho, right? When I set that, clicking the transmit button does nada. The rig's data mode should be FSK D? I was finally able to get the Lissajous indicator to display. I had umteen instances of cM running. That shouldn't be possible. I'm not used to the Mac's way of closing programs.

It would be neat if when you closed the RM Digi window, it would also close cM. (hint, hint :P ).

If I change the rig to CW it locks into xmit. I have to quit Rumlog to clear it.
K6LE wrote:Just make sure you are on the other stations frequency, or better yet operating split you don't have to even worry about that!
I don't understand. If I'm not on the other station's freq, I'm not going to print him. Working split, I have to be on his freq in 2 places.
73, Mike NF4L
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Interesting. I still need the audio cable for rx tho, right?
When you want to use cocoaModem as demodulator, you need an audio cable. You can use also the K3 internal demodulator. You have to enable this option on your K3 and set RUMlog to "K3 (RX and TX)" for the RTTY interface. Only the CAT cable is required for that. When you want to run AFSK you will need two audio cables.

A lot of options, maybe to much options for the beginner.
K6LE

Unread post by K6LE »

NF4L wrote:
K6LE wrote:Just make sure you are on the other stations frequency, or better yet operating split you don't have to even worry about that!
I don't understand. If I'm not on the other station's freq, I'm not going to print him. Working split, I have to be on his freq in 2 places.
I will usually use the full cocoaModem screen to monitor the passband. So, I could be copying a station well off frequency. One of the reasons I use the main screen is because I often have both receivers running and am watching two wide-RTTY screens.
Rick Prather
K6LE
Modesto, CA

2016 iMac 27" 5K
MacOS - HS
NF4L

Unread post by NF4L »

The LoW column in the log are all set to "s". I'm unsure how that happened. Would a field in the original ADIF input have done that?
DL2RUM wrote:[I don't know if there were LoTW tags in your ADIF file. You can mark all the affected QSOs and select Menu-->QSL-->Send again LoTW QSL
No, there are no LoTW fields in my ADIF file. If I reset the field, will importing my file from LoTW mark them correctly?
73, Mike NF4L
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Yes