Version 5.18 will not start

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
SM0HEV

Version 5.18 will not start

Unread post by SM0HEV »

I upgraded to MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1 and RUMlogNG started to chrash after a while. I reinstalled the latest version 5.18 and now RUMlogNG won't even start. The icon bounces for a while and then becomes irresponsive or just quits with no message. I can send a crash report after the forced termination, if that would help.
I have been using RUMlog with BT to a IC705. I saw that someone else had similar problem. With previous MacOS versions (e.g. Catalina) everything worked fine.

/Jens/SM0HEV
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Version 5.18 will not start

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Please try this for a short test and report back: https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG_Test.zip
Do you use the iCloud synced logbook?

Please drag and drop the crash log out of Console. Do not copy & paste the text. Please send it via e-mail.

There are few known problems with 5.18. You can reload latest stable version 5.17.1 to test.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
SM0HEV

Unread post by SM0HEV »

The test version behaves in the same way. It bounces for a while and then becomes inresponsive - never opens any windows.
I am not using iCloud storage. I do not get any chrash report in the console when I force termination , but there is a report I've been ask to send to Apple that looks like a chrash report to me. How I export this text (other that copy paste) is unclear to me. I will send it by email as a text file.
Where can I find 5.17.1 ?
/jens
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Where can I find 5.17.1 ?
https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG.zip
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM