RUMlogNG version 5.7

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
DL2RUM
Administrator

RUMlogNG version 5.7

Unread post by DL2RUM »

RUMlogNG 5.7 is available for direct download here:
https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG.zip
Available in the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/rumlogng/id964454561?mt=12

English manual: https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/docs/en/
German manual: https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/docs/de/

• Fix: Error while downloading the K6TU SCP database - Tnx Tony, K4QR
  • Fix: Intermittent errors using the menu function Add QSO data … - Tnx Karl Heinz, K5KHK
  • Fix: Bug in the Search Entities window when using some special search options - Tnx Rafal, EI6LA
  • Fix: Ca.50% of the English documentation rewritten - Tnx Rafal, EI6LA
  • Neu: Direct network connection to Icom transceivers with a build in server (IC-705, IC-7610 und IC9700)
  • New: Menu item Close added to the Window menu - Tnx Rafal, EI6LA
  • New: ARRL Digital Contest
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
N1JM

Re: RUMlogNG version 5.7

Unread post by N1JM »

When using the direct network connection with my IC-7610 it may not connect on program start. I have to shut down the program and restart. Sometimes resetting CAT will make it connect. Sometimes not. Sometimes with the radio just sitting there in receive the radio disconnects from RumlogNG. This happens on my MacBook Pro M1 2020 and Macmini 2018 both with Monterey.

73, John N1JM
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I can't confirm this. Anyone else here?
Do you have used the Without Wire app before? This one can give you more debug information when you make the window wider.
app.php/downloads
N1JM

Unread post by N1JM »

When using direct connect CAT: TCP have host 127.0.0.1 and Port 500001. Is that correct.

I not exactly sure what I am looking at in Without Wire but serial is red(socket closed} with RumlogNg connected.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

50001 is the default port fir the Icom server control port. You have to use another one.
DL3FDZ

Unread post by DL3FDZ »

Hi all,
thanks Tom for integrating the WLAN connection into RUMlog. It is more comfortable to use all functionality in one application :-)
I can confirm that the WLAN connection between the IC-705 and RUMlog is not very stable, it drops quite often (mostly after approx. 10 minutes, sometimes it lasts 20 minutes, but never longer). Previously I was using Without Wire and had the impression of a slightly longer connection time, although it also dropped frequently. The Start Server button in Without Wire made it a bit easier to reset the connection and the status "LEDs" gave a good feedback of the current connection status. This was better than the new network status window which is only sometimes showing messages, but mostly is completely empty. Hence it is difficult to see the actual connection status.
With V 5.7 I recognize a dropped connection when the VFO frequency shows "-- No data --" instead of the frequency figures. Clicking Menu > Transceiver > Reset CAT #1 reconnects to the IC-705 until the next dropdown. Without Wire gave a more transparent information.
It might be an idea to have a status "LED" and a restart button within the IC-705 transceiver control screen to make the handling easier and as comfortable as in Without Wire.
Thanks again Tom for all the work done so far. In case I can give any testing support please let me know ...
Best wishes from Munich, Eckart, DL3FDZ

Addendum: maybe my problem is self-inflicted due to my usecase: I setup a macro (button) to start the memory scan for the *1 channels. This produces a lot of „traffic“ on the CAT interface because the channel and frequency changes permanently. After some time, the connection drops. Might be there is a buffer or stack overflow produced after some time. Yesterday I used the TRX without memory scan and the connection was stable for a long time. Probably my usecase is an „off-label-use“?
N1JM

Unread post by N1JM »

Can someone tell me what the values should be for HOST and PORT under CAT:TCP?

John N1JM
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

it's pending on your setup.
N1JM

Unread post by N1JM »

Should it be the same as ICOM Server HOST IP and Control port? That seems to work at the moment.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

We still don't know your setup! For the Icom server, this setting is not used.