CONTEST_ID User Field and 1.0.9

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
KT5V David

CONTEST_ID User Field and 1.0.9

Unread post by KT5V David »

I've mapped User Field 1 to CONTEST_ID and prior to 1.0.9, the field was correctly populated on ADIF import (I use N1MM under Parallels for contest logging.) I haven't been too active since upgrading to 1.0.9, but made a hand full of QSOs in the FOC BWQP this weekend. Import went fine, but the contest id was not imported to the user field I set up.

Not sure if I missed a step or if there is a problem. I will be stepping up to 1.1 soon and will try again to see if any difference.

By and by this program is going to get me weaned away from my windows VM for ham logging! Thanks!

73 de David KT5V
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: CONTEST_ID User Field and 1.0.9

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Can you send me the ADIF file for testing please?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
KT5V David

Done. I sent to your email instead of posting here.

Thanks!
KT5V David

Hi Tom - Thanks for looking at the files I sent. I had a chance to look into this again tonight.

I opened a new log to test this again and imported the 16 Q ADIF from last weekend's contest.

The CONTEST_ID was not imported. Then I noticed that in the new log, the user field wasn't set to CONTEST_ID

I corrected this in preferences; and checked the "remember" box.

I deleted the 16 qsos from the test log and reimported. The CONTEST_ID was imported perfectly. This was a clue.

I went back to my main log and checked preferences - the user field for CONTEST_ID was set, but the remember box NOT checked.

Deleted the 16 Qs and reimported. The CONTEST_ID was imported perfectly.

Problem solved - an error on my part - the "remember" box must be checked.

Thanks again!

73 de David KT5V
NF4L

Unread post by NF4L »

Have you looked at RUMPed for contesting?

73, Mike NF4L
73, Mike NF4L
KT5V David

Hi Mike - yes, I have experimented with RUMPed and Skookum logger, both had their pros/cons, but at the time didn't cover the specific contests I was interested. Or had some other quirk that didn't work for me. I never really got Skookum logger working right as it dropped CAT from time to time and I didn't care for the more or less "CT style" of logging. From the days of DOS, I came from TRLOG, so was attracted to N1MM originally for the ESM (enter sends message) functionality. And this exists in RUMPed so I might need to experiment with it again. Now N1MM Plus is a really good and flexible package - alas for Windows. Being a little pistol station strong search and pounce functions are important to me.

How do you like RUMPed? Maybe there is a RUMPedNG in the future? ;-)