NG version 1.0.8 and Mac App Store info

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
DL2RUM
Administrator

NG version 1.0.8 and Mac App Store info

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Download the latest version 1.0.8 here: http://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG.zip Please note, Apple Maps will still not work in this version!
Apple don't like the way I start and use the tqsl application, so further changes were necessary to fulfill Apples sandbox restrictions.

If you are a LoTW user, you have to enter the path to the .tqsl folder! See the Lotw preferences. This folder is hidden and it is located direct in your Home folder!

• Fixed: qrz.com shows now the "addr1" information as well - Tnx DF4WA
  • Fixed: CAT control will be disabled now before falling into sleep, this prevents problems after wake up in some configurations
  • Fixed: Better compatibility for 10.9 - Tnx K4ZRJ
  • Fixed: Edited QSOs are shown now correct - Tnx KK6FNK
  • Fixed: Text alignment on QSL label is affected now correct by settings - Tnx KK6FNK
  • New: Label size Avery 5163 added for QSL label printing
  • New: A click in a QSO row in the LoTW or eQSL In Window shows now all QSOs with this station in the Logging Window
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
jweisskohl

Re: NG version 1.0.8 and Mac App Store info

Unread post by jweisskohl »

As Tom indicates, to get lotw working in 1.08 you have to set the path to .tqsl in the RUMlogNG preferences under lotw section. The problem is that .tqsl directory is hidden.

In order to get around this you need to do the following:

1) Open up 'Finder'
2) On the top line click on the tab 'Go'
3) Then click "Go To Folder"
4) type in ~/.tqsl and press Return
5) The hidden directory .tqsl will open
6) On the Top middle of the window click the folder icon that is next to .tqsl and drag it to the left hand side and drop it on 'Favorites'
7) this will permanently create a shortcut in finder for the .tqsl hidden folder.
8) Next go back to RUMlogNG preferences under lotw section and click on the box that is asking for the path to .tqsl
9) RUMlogNG will open up a file browser to allow you to select the path to .tqsl
10) The Finder window will open, simply click on the .tqsl favorite you just created and click open
11) That should do it. Try and upload records to Lotw. It should now work.

Jerry AC4BT
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Jerry,

when you press the button "Select path to .tqsl" in the LoTW preferences, the file requester should show already all hidden files as well. Is this not working for you?
jweisskohl

Tom,

No. It didn't show me hidden files in my installation of 10.9. I had to do the steps I outlined in order to get past the .tqsl location error. I'm using a 2011 Mac Air and am logged on as a regular user/privileges (don't do any development on the Mac).

Jerry
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

You are right Jerry. I can set the requester programmatically to show hidden files, but this is a 10.10 option only. I was not aware about this and Xcode it not warning.
Please check this under 10.9: When the panel is open press the command, shift, and period keys at the same time. Brings this up hidden files?

Correction: I misunderstood the docs, the show hidden files option is available since 10.6. I have to research more.
jweisskohl

Tom,

I have confirmed pressing 'COMMAND SHIFT .' does indeed show the hidden files and directories.

Thanks for that tip, I wasn't aware of that before!

Jerry
NF4L

Unread post by NF4L »

Is the ability to upload to LoTW via email gone? I really liked the report that came back when sending that way.

73, Mike NF4L
73, Mike NF4L
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Yes, this is gone. The classic RUMlog has had to many options for uploading LoTW data. This was confusing for the most users and not always easy to configure.

Just another mouse click away is the report on the LoTW web site: https://lotw.arrl.org/lotwuser/account? ... d=activity Here you have the same information.