FT-857 / DigiKeyer 2 / PSK31

QSO logging software for the Mac
DO7CW

FT-857 / DigiKeyer 2 / PSK31

Unread post by DO7CW »

I`m a newbie in the HAM world - more and more fascinated about the infinite possibilities ...
Many thanks for the nice software and the great support opportunities!

I try to work in digimodes and RUMlog together with my 1st RIG (FT-857, DigiKeyer 2).
Most thinks are working fine, but some behavior I can`t change in my way - even with a lot of reading in the forum :?

Maybe it`s only a stupid change in settings?

If I would like to work in PSK31 I have to set up the Yaesu into DIG-mode. RUMlog reflect this action with change into RTTY.
But that is not, what I want. I can`t change it into PSK31 manually. I have selected cocoaModem in the preferences for PSK and MKII for PTT. In the PSK config of cocoaModem the PTT TRX mode "DigiKeyer II" is grey (only Vox and MacLogger DX are available).

Any idea, how to solve or workaround with it?

tx & 73 holger
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: FT-857 / DigiKeyer 2 / PSK31

Unread post by DL2RUM »

FT-857? Which TRX setting do you use?

The easiest way to work with cocoaModem is to use it as modem only. Deactivate the PTT setting in cocoaModem. If you want to use the DKII for PTT keying, you have to use the RUMrouter program. This program will start automatically, when you use the DKII for CAT control as well.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
DO7CW

Unread post by DO7CW »

Tx for your reply.
DL2RUM wrote:FT-857? Which TRX setting do you use?
> I use the FT-897 setup - it works more or less.
The easiest way to work with cocoaModem is to use it as modem only. Deactivate the PTT setting in cocoaModem.

> Don`t know, where and how I can do this? Pref. or Config?

If you want to use the DKII for PTT keying, you have to use the RUMrouter program. This program will start automatically, when you use the DKII for CAT control as well.
> SW is already running.

> Hope, this setting is correct?
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The FT-857 will work correct since RUMlog 4.8.1 http://dl2rum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=282
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM