RUMlogNG version 1.1

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
DL2RUM
Administrator

RUMlogNG version 1.1

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Since version 1.0.9 is in the app store, there are some hundreds downloads. I have got very few bug reports only. Most of the users will never notice them. In the latest version are a lot of new functions users asked for. It's time for version 1.1
  • Fixed: KX3 don't send a @ in CW after pressing the Escape key - Tnx DK5LP
  • Fixed: Better DXCC recognition for portable Operationen for 3B, EA, HC, TI, UA, ZL and ZS - Tnx LA0FA
  • Fixed: LoTW Upload with satellietes QSOs corrected - Tnx EA2CQ
  • Fixed: qrz.com shows all station images correct now - Tnx W0DJC
  • New: DX Spots for New Ones can be spoken now - See also *Preferences-->DX Alarm*
  • New: The opening of an extra spot window for searched stations is optional now
  • New: Support for FTdx3000 - Tnx N2TSQ
  • New: Support for FTdx5000 - Tnx LA0FA
  • New: More AppleScript support for JT-Bridge - Tnx SM0THU
  • New: A click into the bandmap on the call sign printout sets the TRX and the logging fields now
  • New: You can take over data from previous QSOs during logging, see Preferences-->Databases for settings and the link "QSO Entry fields"
  • New: A "No zoom" option added in the large map window, this prevents the map to zoom in automatically.
  • New: Use of OS-X Notification Centre, use the System Preferences for further settings
  • New: Toggle option: Menu-->Logbook-->Clear after QSY: clears all fields, when the VFO is tuned 1 kHz away
  • New: More edit options when editing multiple QSOs with the same station
  • New: DX spot window will be filled with data after "show/dx" as well
  • New: All times are in 24 hours format now, regardless of system settings
The app store version will be updated soon.

Download the latest version here: http://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG.zip Please note, Apple Maps will not work in this version!

English manual: http://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/docs/en/
German manual: http://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/docs/de/
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
LA0FA

Re: RUMlogNG version 1.1

Unread post by LA0FA »

I see that the 1.1 version now also is available in the App Store .. I have installed it from the App Store - but the Maps are not working in this version.
73 LA0FA/Matthias
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Matthias, I assume (hope) there is an error on your side.
Any others?
LA0FA

Unread post by LA0FA »

Thomas, Your hopes are fulfilled ... My (big) mistake .. Everything OK !
73 - Matthias
K3DCW

Unread post by K3DCW »

Upgraded to v1.1 via the App Store here and I've come across an error that I'm sure is just an issue with my setup, but I can't figure out what is going on.

When I go to download LoTW confirmations, it downloads them and says "Processing ## QSLs...", but it never finishes and never saves them to the log. I've tried this with 17, 19, and now 21 QSLs including 2 ATNOs (K1N) that should show as "New one", but nothing happens. If I hit close, none of the QSLs are saved to the database.

This has been going on since I upgraded to v1.1 via the Ap Store. Any ideas where to go to fix this?

Dave
K3DCW

"Hamming it up on macOS"
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Dave, please check your LoTW settings. I made some changes, which requires a resetting for some configurations. Maybe it has reloaded your whole log, this can take time.
K3DCW

Unread post by K3DCW »

DL2RUM wrote:Dave, please check your LoTW settings. I made some changes, which requires a resetting for some configurations. Maybe it has reloaded your whole log, this can take time.
I've double checked, and re-entered all of my settings including pointing at the TQSL app and .tqsl folder. It is slowly incrementing my number of QSLs as I get more; now reading "Processing 27 QSLs..." It isn't downloading all of my QSLs as that would be 2000+. I tried changing the starting date by a couple of days with no effect; it still isn't processing them correctly.

I'm going to leave it running overnight and see if it ends up clearing them, marking the "new ones" as it should, and allowing me to save it.

I'm not sure what's going on; normally this is flawless, so it has me puzzled.
Dave
K3DCW

"Hamming it up on macOS"