RumlogNG & IC-7300

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
kf5jra

RumlogNG & IC-7300

Unread post by kf5jra »

Looking for anyone who is using this combination because I am going to attempt to pick one up this weekend. (If HRO has one in stock). From the drop down in the TRX it looks like it is already listed so that was an awesome sign. This should be an awesome upgrade from my IC-735.

Look forward to everyones comments.

--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron Rosson
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RumlogNG & IC-7300

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Currently only the basic (mode and frequency exchange) is supported, like on your IC-735. Maybe I can have access to this rig to implement more features.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
kf5jra

Unread post by kf5jra »

Once I have it Up I will send you an e-mail and we can see what we can do if someone who already has one does not provide assistance. I have seen that setting the 7200 works with some software. but I am not sure what that gives anyone since I am coming from a 30+ year old ready to current. :)

--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron Rosson
kf5jra

Unread post by kf5jra »

Bumping my own thread. :)

After two weeks of operating my IC-7300 and experimenting with different settings I have learned quite a bit about my new radio and how various pieces of software work. Current software (current release versions) in use is RumLogNG + FLDigi + JT-Bridge + WSJT-X. All working (using the IC-7200 rig (changed the CI-V address on the radio)) Ok except getting the radio in the proper mode when switching from SSB to data via FLDigi (have to touch the radio). Only issue I seem to experience is I will loose audio in digital modes both in RX/TX with WSJT-X and FLDigi (simple restart of the program restores the audio) {This is probably due to OS X 10.11.x and the audio component of these programs, because I have gone into Audio Midi Setup and set it to two (2) channels.] Also able to successfully decode CW using FLDigi as well as send both from CWTools Window in RumLogNG and from the macros in FLDigi.

One thing I noticed (not sure if this was happening when I was using the same software with my IC-735) is that when I am using FLDigi following RumLogNG (CAT Control) when I change frequencies in FLDigi nothing happens. This might be because I might be missing something but since I switch between different modes I always keep RumlogNG with CAT control and this only occurs with FLDigi. When using JT-Bridge I am able to change bands and frequencies from the WSJT-X interface.

During my exploration of software I loaded up a windows 10 VM (the dark side) and installed Dave's (AA6YQ) DXLab suite. I was successfully able to write macros in his commander to do the following:
  • - Rig on/off (Found that the USB port is still active even with the rig off)
    - Power via buttons and sliders
    - Filter Selection (wide/normal/narrow)
    - Filter bandwidth in each filter selection
I was also able to get RX working in all digital modes RTTY, PSK, JT-65, Got reports that my TX was unable to be decoded in RTTY, PSK, and in JT-65 and could not determine what was causing this issue and wrote it off that it might have something do due with either running in a VM or something in Windows audio mixer. Frankly since my goal was not to switch to the dark side I did not dig into this much deeper. Was unable to test CW because I did not want to invest in CWGet to be used with Winwarbler.

Summing it up as a Feature Request I think it would be awesome to have a control mode (like you have for the Elecraft K3/KX3) to provide control of the rig. Another ride would be to have an interface that would allow ops to write custom functions sequences to perform functions like I mentioned that I was able to do using DXLabs.

Sorry for the long winded post but just trying to share what I have done with the IC-7300 the last two weeks and am looking to see what features can be exploited of this radio with RumLogNG.

--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron
nineback

Unread post by nineback »

Follow on to Ron's thread.
I am having a similar problem. I can not set Fldigi to track my 7300. RumlogNG is tracking just fine using the 7300 console. I am a long time user of DXLabs and am trying to make the switch to RumlogNG. Like Ron I have DXLabs Commander and WinWarbler working with the 7300. I believe I used some of the macros Ron provided for Commander. I have attached my setting. I am using the latest Mac Sierra beta.
Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 8.03.35 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 8.03.19 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 8.02.49 AM.jpg

Tom
KQ5S
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Tom, you have to enter the Fldigi address data into the RUMlog preferences under the FLdigi tab.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
nineback

Unread post by nineback »

Too easy. :-) It is working now.

Danke!