RUMlogNG and MicroHAM USB II

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
EA5Q

RUMlogNG and MicroHAM USB II

Unread post by EA5Q »

Hi to everybody

I have just started to use RUMlogNG, have been able to import all my old QSOs from my windows Log program. So far so good (I can only say wow, wonderful piece of SW, ausgezeichnet!).
But I have also tried to use my MicroHAM USB Interface II and have not been able to do so. I have updated the latest FTDI driver into my 10.11 system. When I plug the USB plug the System recognizes it and shows it in the System Information window. The driver shows up in the Preferences Menu of RUMlog and I choose it (usbserial-U2S6NESN). I choose the right baud rate, the right rig (IC706MkIIG). I activate it both in the TX1 tab and the MicroHAM tab. I have tried to only choose the driver on the TX1 window but not on the MicroHAM window, but no success. I open the Window MicroHAM (^M) but the button is always red and I see the message that the device has disconnected.

I have been browsing through the technical notes which can be found in the FTDI web and they explain how to "fix" a driver to recognize a new device in case the manufacturer does not update the driver. But so far the latest driver of FTDI supports MicroHAM. I have only found one incongruence and it is the PID shown in the system window. It only show the USB Port but not the Icom CV-I interface (shown in the info.plist of the driver). So, no idea.
BTW, when starting windows on VMware Fusion, MicroHAM works fine on the same machine.

Am I doing something wrong?
Can anybody help?

73 de EA5FY
Stefan
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RUMlogNG and MicroHAM USB II

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The microHAM settings are for MKII and DKII only. The USBII is a simple CAT interface.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
EA5Q

Unread post by EA5Q »

OK.
As usually as soon as I decide to place a post I find the solution myself. Sorry for the SPAM anyhow. :?
But let me answer so that others can take profit of what I have found out (mainly a bad configuration of preferences, because of being a "greenhorn"). Going through the help files again has helped me to find the answer

- I have not to configure the MicroHAM menu. This is only for microKeyer II and digiKeyer II (sorry I wrongly interpreted MKII as USB interface II). So say not used in the MicroHAM tab
- then proceed to configure the TX1 tab properly and choose as interface "serial". I had chosen MicroHAM.

Everything is working fine now.

Or almost because I tune around with my rig and the frequency does not update in RUMlog. Only when I Reset CAT#1. I have the Follow TRX active and both Mode an kHz of green color.
And when I choose a station in the Band map iy shows up in the log entry but the windows showing the pre QSOs clear completely.

Is this the normal? Anyhow I keep investigating.

73 de EA5FY
Stefan

PD. Danke Tom für Deine schnelle Antwort. Habe es gerade alleine gemerkt. :(
EA5Q

Unread post by EA5Q »

Hi

I have solved also the issue on RUMlog not following the transceiver (my fault... :cry: )

In the CV-I menu of the transceiver I had selected the transmit option to off! Speed can also set to Auto and everything works fine.

Thanks Tom.

73 de EA5FY
Stefan