turn off "prefix doesn't match"

QSO logging software for the Mac
aa0aa

turn off "prefix doesn't match"

Unread post by aa0aa »

Hi all;

I couldn't find any way to turn off the "prefix doesn't match" warning. There are so many combination calls (like mine-- XE1/AA0AA) that usually don't match for hams licensed in more than one country or for dxpeditions that this occurs all the time and usually is obvious (except on a call that was mis-spotted).

Is there a place in the preferences where this can be turned off except when needed?

If I missed it, please forgive me.

Scott AA0AA; XE1/AA0AA
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: turn off "prefix doesn't match"

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When do you see this message? Can't remember.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
aa0aa

Unread post by aa0aa »

Tom and all;

In my case it is when I click on a frequency of a DX spot in that window--right now, for example, CE2/VE7SV is one of the spots and when I click on that freq to transfer the call and frequency to the main logging window, that is when the small window appears over the main logging window that says "callsigns don't match".

It only is a bother because it blocks the program until you check the "ok" button.

Thanks,

Scott AA0AA; XE1/AA0AA
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There are hundreds of messages in RUMlog, what do you mean is: "Callsigns don't match!"?
This caution message appears, when qrz.com returns with an other call sign as requested. qrz.com can't handle portable calls. When you want to query "XE1/AA0AA" you will get the information for AA0AA. The operators name may be the same ;) but all other information are probably wrong. This box is shown only, when you have set the automatic logging masks filling up. This is to prevent, to enter wrong information like QTH, grid square, IOTA, etc.

Currently I don't have a better idea to alert the user. Recommendations are welcome!

You should use HamQTH.com rather than qrz.com. HamQTH.com allows portable callsigns and returns the correct information when available.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
aa0aa

Unread post by aa0aa »

DL2RUM wrote:There are hundreds of messages in RUMlog, what do you mean is: "Callsigns don't match!"?

If you click on a dx spot such as XE1/AA0AA the program will show a window/box that says "callsigns don't match" and wait for you to check the OK button before you can proceed. If this could be turned off and on in the preferences it would be helpful.

This caution message appears, when qrz.com returns with an other call sign as requested. qrz.com can't handle portable calls. When you want to query "XE1/AA0AA" you will get the information for AA0AA. The operators name may be the same ;) but all other information are probably wrong.
I observed this with many dxpedition stations in the WPX contest

This box is shown only, when you have set the automatic logging masks filling up. This is to prevent, to enter wrong information like QTH, grid square, IOTA, etc.
Yes, it often puts the country correctly but everything else wrong.

Currently I don't have a better idea to alert the user. Recommendations are welcome!

You should use HamQTH.com rather than qrz.com. HamQTH.com allows portable callsigns and returns the correct information when available.
I will try this and see if it works.

Thanks,
Scott XE1/AA0AA; AA0AA