Label printing

QSO logging software for the Mac
NF4L

Label printing

Unread post by NF4L »

Today I set up label printing.Using the QSL Label Editor, For Paper and Label I selected Avery 5160, and from the other template setting, I selected 2 line on Avery 5160.

The border and spacing settings look OK, and the graphic looks correct.

The labels print too low on the label stock. There is approximately 0.25 inch above the first line, and the 'Thanks for the QSO' line is right on the division between rows. The equipment line is below that. Also, the "TO Radio:" line does not have 'via NF4L'. The option is checked. I do to see a place to edit that line to put my call in it.

I really would like to print 4 lines, but when I load that template, make changes, and save it, Rumlog crashes, then restarts.

If there is a manager, can RumLog print an address label for him as part to the QSL printing? If not, I'd like to request that be added.

Are there QSO selection routines I've missed? What I see is across the bottom of the log.

I'd like for instance, to select QSO's between certain dates where I have sent a card, but not received one. One suggestion is for a dialog for building a SQL query, where the user selects from date pickers and checkboxes for other criteria, example band, mode.

I attached a screen shot of my Windows log program selection dialog.

Thanks for the great program!
73, Mike NF4L
Attachments
Select.PNG
73, Mike NF4L
NF4L

Re: Label printing

Unread post by NF4L »

I was able to finally position the printing so that I can get 3 qso's on a label. It still starts about 0.25 inch from the top.

The other comments and questions remain.

Mike
73, Mike NF4L
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Make sure, in the OS-X printer setting dialog are all borders set to zero! It's a good practice to create a new paper template. See the User's Manual page 68!

You can select multiple QSOs in the log table, even when the search criteria are used. When you select now Menu-->QSL-Print QSL only the selected QSLs will be printed. For more complex search routines you can use the search window. After you made your selections, use Menu-->QSL-->Send Paper QSL agn.

When the "Print 'QSL via'" option is set, the manager from the log entry will be printed. (To Radio: 9X0TL via DL2RUM)
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
NF4L

Unread post by NF4L »

Thanks Tom.

If by "OS-X printer setting dialog" you mean a dialog like the bottom one on p. 68, I cannot find one like that.

I understand the one can select multiple QSO'. I had not discovered the Search window. Please consider adding QLS sent and received status.

Ahhh. OK. I thought that the "QSL via" line was from the user. I didn't realize that in the sample label "DL2RUM was the manager". So is there a way to print an address label for a manager? (So far no managers have shown up).

A couple more little difficulties I'm having.

I'm not sure what to call it(auxiliary spots?), it's the little window just to the left of the "Logging Mode" label. It has a copy of spots in it. When a new spot comes in and the window scrolls up, it also scrolls horizontally so that only the last few characters of the call sign are shown. The horizontal scroll bar doesn't move until you click on it.

When I double-click on a spot, is there a way to turn off the pop-up screen(s)?

Using the color editor, I can't get the spot window to have alternating row color.

Is it possible to drag the columns in the spot window to a different place?

In the spot window, I am unable to make the Band col narrower. When the mouse is on the border between Band and cq, the pointer only has a right arrow, not bi-directional.

OK, I'll stop. My thanks for the time and effort you've put into this project.

73, Mike

When I select Digi>Show controls, I get both the RumLog RTTY screen and the CocoaModem screen. I want only the RumLog screen. Is there a setting for that?
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

If by "OS-X printer setting dialog" you mean a dialog like the bottom one on p. 68, I cannot find one like that.
In the Print dialog is a popup "Paper Size", there is an entry for "Managing Custom Sizes..." Then you can create a new template for your sheet size and set all borders to 0
I had not discovered the Search window. Please consider adding QLS sent and received status.
???
So is there a way to print an address label for a manager?
See the QSL menu and the User's Manual pg. 24
When I double-click on a spot, is there a way to turn off the pop-up screen(s)?
No!
Using the color editor, I can't get the spot window to have alternating row color.
For the dx-spots is a text- and a table view available. Only the tableview shows alternating row colors.
Is it possible to drag the columns in the spot window to a different place?
No.
In the spot window, I am unable to make the Band col narrower. When the mouse is on the border between Band and cq, the pointer only has a right arrow, not bi-directional.
There is an invisible line between. Temporally expand the rows, when only one drag direction is allowed.
When I select Digi>Show controls, I get both the RumLog RTTY screen and the CocoaModem screen. I want only the RumLog screen. Is there a setting for that?
You can configure cocoaModem to show the Lite Interface. You can hide all windows now.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
NF4L

Unread post by NF4L »

Thanks once again, Thomas!
In the Print dialog is a popup "Paper Size", there is an entry for "Managing Custom Sizes..." Then you can create a new template for your sheet size and set all borders to 0
I still cannot find the Print dialog. How do I gain access to it?
I had not discovered the Search window. Please consider adding QLS sent and received status.
Change the selection in the Search window so that QSL received and QSL sent could both be used in the same query. I could then find QSO's where a QSL has been sent, but not received. This would be very useful for finding QSOs to resend a card to. I know I can select QSLs not sent, and then manually remove them from the result set, but I believe my suggestion would simplify the process for the user.
The more I use RumLog the more power I discover is already there!
For the dx-spots is a text- and a table view available. Only the tableview shows alternating row colors.
How to switch from text to table?

73 & gud DX!
Mike NF4L
73, Mike NF4L