New installation of Rumlog under Lion -preferences not saved

QSO logging software for the Mac
g4sjp

New installation of Rumlog under Lion -preferences not saved

Unread post by g4sjp »

I just performed a clean install of Lion on my Mac Mini. I saved my .rsd log file before I wiped the machine.

Now I find that I can open my old log file but there are two issues:

1. When I close and re-open Rumlog, it claims that no log file exists.
2. I cannot make connection with my K3, and no connection settings are stored after saving.

I have looked for Rumlog's .plist file mentioned in the User's Manual and cannot find one. I have also used disk utility to repair permissions.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Stephen G4SJP
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: New installation of Rumlog under Lion -preferences not s

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I guess, during a clean install , all of your preferences were going lost.
You can find all personal preferences in ~/library/preferences. Starting with Leon, this folder is normally hidden.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
g4sjp

Unread post by g4sjp »

Hi Tom

Yes, I expected to lose all the preferences on a clean install, but my problem is deeper than that:

1. I can look through the /library/preferences but I see no reference to anything from Rumlog
2. More importantly perhaps, Rumlog is not saving its preferences on exit, because when I start Rumlog again, it does not know the log file or any of the other information saved from the previous session.

And then, there is still the problem that I cannot connect to the K3.

I do have the same version of Rumlog running without any problems at all on my Macbook, also running under Lion.

That is why I am confused!

73 Stephen
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Oh well, there seems to be something wrong on your system. I assume a system failure. No idea yet. Are there other new dated files in the folder?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
g4sjp

Unread post by g4sjp »

Hi Tom

Yes, there are plenty of other entries in the preferences folder, dating from April 17 when I re-installed the OS until just a few minutes ago with another application. It is very strange!

Perhaps some more detail will help. I have an external hard drive which is permanently connected to the Mac. Before erasing Snow Leopard I copied across the Rumlog folder from Applications to the external drive. After installing Lion, I copied the folder back across to Applications again. After finding the problems that I have described, I deleted the folder and installed a clean copy from your website. This made no difference to the problems that I am experiencing unfortunately.

Everything else works fine!

73 Stephen
g4sjp

Unread post by g4sjp »

Tom

I have things working now. I had to thoroughly uninstall Rumlog, using search to get all of the system files too. Now my fresh install of Rumlog saves its preferences okay and I am talking to the K3 successfully again.

I think that this could have happened because when I did a clean install of Lion, when I installed Rumlog again, I just brought across my old 4.9.1 folder from Snow Leopard which I had saved, thinking that I would not have to put all my preferences back in again.

Anyway, it is all now working. That will teach me for being too clever HI.

73 Stephen G4SJP