Bulk edit of log

QSO logging software for the Mac
g4sjp

Bulk edit of log

Unread post by g4sjp »

I have imported my log into Rumlog but the power field for each of the imported qsos is 'qrpp'. Now, I know that I can hide the power column in the logbook display, but I would actually quite like to use it. Is there any way I can mark all of the affected entries and change them all to 'mid power'?

Also, is there any chance of the power automatically being entered from the transceiver please? I'm using a K3.

thanks and 73, Stephen G4SJP
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Bulk edit of log

Unread post by DL2RUM »

No, this function is not available. The best way is to make the correct settings before you import your QSOs. In the preferences under the QSL/Rig tab you can adjust the power levels.
Another good solution could be to modify the ADIF log (prior import) using a simple text editor, when your exporting program has written wrong power information.
Since the log file is a simple SQLite database file, you can edit your file using a SQLite tool i..e. http://www.sqlabs.net/sqlitemanager.php or http://mesasqlite.en.softonic.com/mac/download
When you are familiar with the SQL syntax, you can make all required (bulk) changes by yourself. You could execute the following:
UPDATE logbook SET power="Mid Power" WHERE power="QRPP"

Feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.

BTW, the next RUMlog version allows to log the power as numerical. This version is still under Beta testing.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
g4sjp

Re: Bulk edit of log

Unread post by g4sjp »

Thanks Tom,

I will bulk edit (carefully!) with one of the SQL editors you have suggested.

Thanks for a great program. I have looked at it from time-to-time over the past year or so and it has now become just what I want. I'm really pleased that it integrates so well with the K3.

73 Stephen