Synchronisation DXCC.rsd database

QSO logging software for the Mac
DL2RUM
Administrator

Synchronisation DXCC.rsd database

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Here is a first version of a new EditDXCC application. Now it is possible to share your data with others. Currently only data from the 'Calls' list can be synchronized. Most changes must be made frequently in this list.
A lot of RUMlog users have modified the dxcc database. Now you can share your extensions with other users. The database remains compatible. It are just a few mouse clicks to up- and download the data. You will have full control over the exchanged data.
Move the downloaded application into your RUMlog folder. A 'read.me' is included in the download.

Feedback is welcome.

http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/EditDXCC.zip
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K6LE

Re: Synchronisation DXCC.rsd database

Unread post by K6LE »

Thanks Tom,

A very nice addition and even better than I have been asking for!

I just did the download and upload. The only problem I had was a bunch of VK9Z calls showing up as an invalid DXCC.

It don't know where those calls or the VK9Z prefix came from and none of the calls are in my log so I guess they either came from the original .RSD file I have been modifying or from the download.

I wouldn't let me save the file because of the VK9Z not being a valid DXCC entity. So, I deleted the offending VK9Z calls from my .RSD and did the download again. This time the VK9Z calls came back but with the ## DXCC. Then I was able to save the updated .RSD file.

This looks like a great feature and I will feel better in the future knowing that my file has not only my updates but the latest from the server.

Rick Prather
K6LE
Modesto, CA

2016 iMac 27" 5K
MacOS - HS
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Fine Rick, :D

even me do'nt know where all the VK9... come from. I removed these items from the downloadable list. I guess these are very old calls from deleted entities.

Maybe we can find some more users to test the new feature.
wa1ytw

Unread post by wa1ytw »

I am having a problem, all entries in my dxcc.rsd file start 1978-01-01

I worked stations prior to this date but when i do a recount all dxcc's are changed before 1978

i can't change all dates to an earlier year globally.... so my information gets changed.... KG4's I worked in 1977 are changed to W!!!!!!!

and i can't change the dxcc in edit a qso.
wa1ytw

Unread post by wa1ytw »

The problem mostly is that many dxcc's from qso's BEFORE 1978 are changed to different dxcc's when doing a "recount dxcc" because everything has a begindate of 1978-01-01 in dxcc.rsd and i find no way to change all begin dates.
:o :)
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Do you have imported these QSOs into RUMlog via ADIF? When the correct DXCC is within in ADIF file, then there is a way to modify the dxcc database automatically.
Start the application EditDXCC and goto the menu-->File-->Import from ADIF. Navigate to your ADIF log file. This will import all DXCC assignments, differs from the standard and even before 1978. Under the Call tab you should see all the old calls. Save the changes, restart RUMlog and do a DXCC recount.
wa1ytw

Unread post by wa1ytw »

Thank you Tom,
I had a corrupted editDXCC file and or DXCC.rsd. After deleting old files and importing from my backup ADIF files all appears to be working.
Thank you
Scott
n1ho

Unread post by n1ho »

I'm a newbie to Mac OS X and RUMlog/RUMped - I just migrated from Linux, so I am slightly familiar with *NIX stuff, but not with OS X. I have a mid-2011 iMac and Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion, with last week's update).

I "installed" RUMlog-4.9 a couple of weeks ago, and things seem to be running smoothly.

However, I just installed RUMped yesterday, and when I did, realized that I hadn't install RUMlog properly. I used Finder
to move both apps to "Applications". Both applications now show up on my Launchpad screen (along with the other applications that I've already installed, such as fldigi), and each will start up, EXCEPT:

RUMlog claims, via a pop-up window "Can't connect to database 'DXCC.rsd'!" and
RUMped claims the same thing AND that "'CallMaster.rsd' not found!" and "Can't open DXCC Data File!"

At one point, while trying to troubleshoot this, using EditDXCC (which I used a few days ago to add KG4KL to KG4), I managed to destroy the DXCC and CQ Zone columns of my primary database. While I only have about 90 QSOs logged under RUMlog, I'm a little bit discouraged.

The files seem to be there - I initially installed everything in /Users/n1ho/ham-radio/rumsoft, with each application in its
own directory (RUMlog-4.9 and "RUMped 3.1.8") under rumsoft and have my log files (e.g., LHPRUMlog2012.rsd) in the 'rumsoft' directory.

I haven't created a log file under RUMped yet. I'm rather confused as to exactly where all of the application files "live" and
what might have been moved when I "installed" them. The DXCC.rsd file permissions seem to be ok (644@), the RUMlog-4.9 directory entry in .../rumsoft is drwxrwxrwx@ but RUMped's is drwxr-xr-x@ although it's unclear to me if group and work write permissions would be needed - I didn't change them - so that may not be relevant. Is there another directory where I should look for these application files? If I need to re-install these two apps, how can I be sure that I've properly destroyed the old bits before I install the new ones? (In Linux, most distributions have "package managers" of one type or another which seem to handle this sort of situation gracefully, and I'm not sure what the paradigm under Mac OS X is yet, which is why I'm quite confused!)

Thank you and 73,

Brandy, N1HO
K6LE

Unread post by K6LE »

Brandy,

When you installed RUMlog and RUMped in the Applications folder did you put the complete folders in Applications?

If so, then DXCC.rsd should be in your both your RUMlog folder and your RUMped folders. Also, the CallMaster.rsd should be in your RUMped folder.

You won't have a RUMped log file unless you created one with the New command in RUMped.

Your RUMlog.rsd should be in your Documents folder.

I would do a search for them using Spotlight and see where they are now.
Rick Prather
K6LE
Modesto, CA

2016 iMac 27" 5K
MacOS - HS
n1ho

Unread post by n1ho »

Hi, Rick -

Thanks for your quick response!

No, it appears that I didn't put the complete folders in Applications. In fact, thanks to your suggestion, I looked in ~n1ho/Library/Application Support, and noticed that other applications such as Gnucash and LibreOffice *DO* have populated folders/directories listed, but the RUMstuff doesn't show up at all. So, I will see if I can fix that up manually as I'm used to 'bash', and will also move my RUMlog.rsd to my (quite crowded) Documents folder.

I really appreciate it!

Brandy