LOTW - Change Mode FSK to DATA

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
VE3MM

LOTW - Change Mode FSK to DATA

Unread post by VE3MM »

I did a search for the answer to this in the manual and in the forum so I hope this has not been covered before.

LOTW rejects my RTTY qso uploads which are shown in RumlogNG as FSK as being a incompatible mode. LOTW is expecting RTTY qso's to be shown as DATA mode.

It does not appear possible to make this change when using RumlogNG qso editors as DATA is not shown in the mode drop down menu.

Can someone please point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks
Rick ve3mm
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: LOTW - Change Mode FSK to DATA

Unread post by DL2RUM »

FSK is not a valid mode. How did you logged it? Even Data is not a valid mode.
In TQSLs preferences you could map FSK to RTTY. Or edit the QSOs and set the mode to RTTY. See Preferences -->Modes/Sat to choose the modes you want to use.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
VE3MM

Unread post by VE3MM »

Hi Tom

I appreciate the quick reply.

To answer your question, I used Skookum Logger for the contest and it generated the FSK mode setting, which got imported to RumlogNG as an .adi file.

I didn't know about the mapping availability in TQSL.

I did get around this by editing by hand all 235 entries in the log in Skookum and changed them to Data. I deleted the qso's in RumlogNG and then imported the edited file. RumlogNG then uploaded the qso's correctly to LOTW.

Initially I tried global edit of the .adi file with a text editor but it got messed up. The global edit ended up substituting Dat for Data in all but the first entry. Can't figure that one out.

Anyway, I'll know better next time.

Thanks for your help. Love your program!

73 and HNY
Rick ve3mm
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Even a simple text editor may be a powerful tool. Just use the Find and replace all function to change <mode:2>CW to <mode:4>RTTY within seconds. Familiarize yourself with the ADIF specification and valid modes. I'm not sure why you have ignored the advice to set the mode to RTTY
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM