Main logging window date + time shortcut

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
JonathanP

Main logging window date + time shortcut

Unread post by JonathanP »

Hi Tom,

In the main logging window, would it be possible to have either a keyboard shortcut or button to load the current date+time into those fields?

Reason I ask is that often I am waiting to call someone and like to start filling in callsign, report etc before I actually start the QSO. For this reason I find it best to operate in "Enter time manually" mode. But as soon as the QSO actually starts I'd like to insert the current date+time, a keyboard shortcut would be great to do this - would save me having to enter the info manually.

Many thanks & 73,
Jonathan G4IVV
JonathanP

Re: Main logging window date + time shortcut

Just a quick update - I found I could use the MacOS Automator to create a "Services->Set QSO time" automation that runs an AppleScript to set the QSO time. I then mapped that service to a key (Cmd+T in my case) in settings, which works nicely to update the QSO date and time fields with the current date+time.

Problem solved!

73 Jonathan
HK3W

Unread post by HK3W »

I think we need this fuction!!
JonathanP

@DL2RUM many thanks Tom for the latest update adding the menu item to load the current date and time when set to manual, I'll certainly be making great use of that.

Thanks and 73, Jonathan