RumLog looses the name and QTH info when I click "ok" on WSJT-X logging window

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
SLively

RumLog looses the name and QTH info when I click "ok" on WSJT-X logging window

Unread post by SLively »

Hi,

Until just a few days ago my setup was working beautifully. I use flrig to control my IC-7100, WSJT-X for FT-8, and RumLog for logging including the QRZ integration for info on the contact. A few days ago I noticed a couple log entries without names or QTH info, so I started to pay more attention to what is happening. When I double click a contact in WSJT-X the name and QTH info fills from QRZ. Everything appears to be working fine until the logging window in WSJT-X pops up and I click "ok" at which point the name and QTH info disappears. I've tried different sequences of which app starts first, second, etc. but with now change. Any ideas?

Edit - running version 5.11.4 of RUMlogNG, and other than the version of WSJT-X that was just released yesterday, it is as up to date as possible. The only thing that might have changed is the update of RUMLog to 5.11.4 from 5.11.3, but not sure.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RumLog looses the name and QTH info when I click "ok" on WSJT-X logging window

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When you use the ‚Save QSO from WSJT-X‘ Option, only data provided from WSJT-X will be saved. If you want to add data, disable Auto Save.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
SLively

Re: RumLog looses the name and QTH info when I click "ok" on WSJT-X logging window

Unread post by SLively »

I'm not running auto save. I found that the frequency saved was off by a KHz or so if I use what WSJT-X sends, so I have for a long time corrected the frequency before saving the log entry. The problem is that when WSJT-X sends the signal report and comment info it now wipes the name and QTH fields that were populated from QRZ data, where up until a few days to a week ago it did not do that.
SLively

Unread post by SLively »

So, further information. Here are some screenshots of my issue:

RUMLog screen prior to saving log entry on WSJT-X;
FEE802F0-1A31-47F9-9CFF-1A6F27A854DD.jpeg
RUMLog and WSJT-X just prior to saving log entry on WSJT-X;
5AA36BD0-0314-4FDD-83D5-D9B57288BB82.jpeg
RUMLog screen after saving to log on WSJT-X (note wrong frequency and empty name and QTH fields). The wrong frequency is why I don't auto save, and now for the last week or so I've had to add the name and QTH entries back in.
6F3E186B-CAFD-4E2A-88D1-4190AF1398CA.jpeg
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Well, there are few issues since the December updates I'm still working on it.

BTW, macOS has a great and easy to use screen shot utility.
SLively

Unread post by SLively »

Looking forward to the next update, and thanks for your continued efforts. It really is nice to have good Mac app for this. I suspect the frequency being wrong is a problem with WSJT-X not RumLog, but could be wrong.

I never can remember the screen shot key combination on Mac, so went with the quick easy solution of taking pictures, haha.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I never can remember the screen shot key combination on Mac, ...
Me too. That's why I run the app ScreenShot. It has a user interface.