A script use SDR++ as band scope

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
n2iw

A script use SDR++ as band scope

Unread post by n2iw »

I wrote a Python script to sync frequency and modes between SDR++ and RUMlogNG, that turns SDR++ into my radio's band scope.

Here is the script, try at your own risk. https://github.com/n2iw/cat-relay
SV1DAY

Re: A script use SDR++ as band scope

Unread post by SV1DAY »

Dear Ming, could you please share a screenshot of Preferences>UDP or whatever else is needed as configuration for SDR++ and RUMlogNG interconnection? Here is the output of your script as well as the settings on UDP tab at the Preferences of RUMlogNG, on my side. Both SDR++ and RUMlogNG were started.

python3 listen.py
{'SDR_IP': '127.0.0.1', 'SDR_PORT': 4532, 'Logger_IP': '127.0.0.1', 'Logger_PORT': 5555, 'Reconnect_time': 10, 'Sync_time': 0.05}
[Errno 61] Connection refused
Retry in 10 seconds ...
Press Ctrl+C to exit
RUMLOG-UDP.jpg
SV1DAY

Unread post by SV1DAY »

So, it works like a charm! After some fiddling though. I had to:
1. edit the config.yml file inside the directory cat-relay-master, at line 9, and replace the value of the variable Logger_PORT from the provided 5555 to the default 7374 of RUMlogNG
2. At RUMlogNG, Preferences, UDP tab, at WSJT-X group of settings, I left the value of CAT port to the default one, i.e. 7374
3. at SDR++, RigCtrl Server should be started. It is on the left hand side menu at the very bottom, just one before Debug.

Please see attached screen shot. There is a bidirectional communication between RUMlogNG and SDR++ via the superb cat-relay-master of Ming, N2IW! Thank you very much dear Ming! This is what I was looking for, quite long time now. This was one to the reasons I decided for the TS-590SG! Super once more! Very well done! Thank you and much appreciated!

PS: I am not at home now, and I cannot connect SDR++ to the SDRplay, but I trust it will be no problem.

73 de LZ/SV1DAY
RUMLOG-UDP-SDRpp-N2IW.jpg
n2iw

Unread post by n2iw »

Thanks SV1DAY, for the suggestions! I've updated readme file to add a couple of screenshots of RUMlog and SDR++ settings. Your RUMlogNG setting is a little different from mine, instead of set in UDP tab, I set it in "TX 1" tab. I guess both way works.
RUMlogNG-settings.png