Has Icom forgotten some CI-V CAT-commands?

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
DL3FDZ

Has Icom forgotten some CI-V CAT-commands?

Unread post by DL3FDZ »

Hi all,
I am enthusiastic to use RUMlog’s IC-7300 and even more the IC-705 CAT control screens. Very nicely designed and with a great functionality. Thanks Tom for all the work done!

I spent some time in defining own macros for my mostly used activities. This lead to a problem I would like to address here. Hopefully somebody has an idea what to do.

Problem #1: A macro „2m SSB call“ should do the following:
a.) activate the call memory channel 144C1 (which has 144,300 MHz assigned in my case) - in fact this sequence combines 3 commands: 1. Switch to Memory Mode FE FE A4 E0 08 FD, 2. Select the Call channel group: FE FE A4 E0 08 A0 01 00 FD, 3. Select callchannel 144C1: FE FE A4 E0 08 00 00 FD
b.) activate the scope: FE FE A4 E0 27 10 01 FD
c.) set the scope REF level to -9db for less sensitivity: FE FE A4 E0 27 19 00 09 00 01 FD
d.) activate the METERs (i.e. press the hardware button MENU below the screen and then select METER on the touchscreen) - which seems not to be possible with a CI-V CAT command. I went through the manual several times and didn’t find any command for this.

To be complete: of course all the CAT commands above should be in one line to have a sort of „workflow“ activated with just one click on the respective macro button. I only separated them here for better readability.

Problem #2: I defined several memory channels, some of them are marked with *1 for the Select Memory scan. One Macro „Scan *1“ starts the scan with the command: FE FE A4 E0 0E B2 01 FD FE FE A4 E0 0E 23 FD and works fine.

A second macro „stop scan“ should do the following:
a.) stop the scan with command: FE FE A4 E0 0E 00 FD - which works fine
b.) BUT the IC-705 screen persists in the memory scan mode. I would like to clear this screen and have to use the hardware button EXIT to get rid off this screen. I haven’t found any CAT command for this.

The two problems are of the same origin: in 1d.) and 2b.) I have to use the hardware buttons and cannot involve these steps in a macro. Has Icom forgotten CI-V commands for this? Are they not documented? Or is it me, being too stupid?

Has anybody an idea or a good workaround for this topic?
I would like to learn from your experiences!

Best wishes from Munich
Eckart, DL3FDZ