1.25m in contest

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
DickLieber

1.25m in contest

Unread post by DickLieber »

I’m very new to RUMlogNG, and am generally favorably impressed. I used it in the Winter Field Day contest this weekend.
I worked a station in the 1.25M band but the band is not an option in the band drop down. I entered the frequency as 223.5, which I think was the wrong format.
  • I can’t edit the frequency, when I click the line it brings up an edit dialog, but there’s no frequency field! I would expect a QSO editor would let me change any field. Is there any way I can fix bad data?
  • Is there any way to add a band? I found mention of an Auxiliary Band table in the docs but it’s not in the a actual application, perhaps I was looking older docs. Is there some way to add a band that’s not in Germany?
ct1drb

Re: 1.25m in contest

Unread post by ct1drb »

Hello DickLieber,

best 73.

You should write as 223500,0 and then enter, RL will accept this format.

Best 73.

CT1DRB/OK8RB
David Quental
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Just checked the rules, the 1.25m band is not mentioned! That's why I haven't included it.
Bands: All Amateur bands, HF, VHF, & UHF except 12, 17, 30 and 60 meters.
I read this as 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m, 2m and 70cm only, no 6m, no 4m, no 1,25m and nothing above 70cm.
The rules are not very clear for me, since I can't know which bands are allowed in each county.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
DickLieber

Unread post by DickLieber »

Thanks for the replies.

I realize I improperly entered the frequency, now. But I can’t find any way to correct it. When I edit the QSO only the band field is there, not frequency. Is there some way to adjust all the fields in a contest QSO?

The 1.25m band is VHF.

Ultimately I was able to finish the Cabrillo file by changing the band to one I didn’t use, in my case 70cm. This allowed my one 1.25M contact to properly be used in the band multiplier calculation. Then generate the Cabrillo, then manually edit the frequency field for that QSO in the Cabrillo file.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

No - You can't correct the log file, you can only edit the Cabrillo file.
The contest module supports by default the classic contest bands up to 70cm only, others have to add explicitly.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM