WSJT-X Integration not saving all log data

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
K7DZE

WSJT-X Integration not saving all log data

Unread post by K7DZE »

So when I initiate transmission with a station in WSJT-X, RumLogNG populates the log entry form, including call sign lookup info.
This shows me the remote stations name, city, state, etc (from hamqth or qrz).

When I save the log via WSJT-X, RumlogNG saves the log, but does not save any of the additional lookup info.(name, city, state, etc)
This has a downstream impact of not giving me credit for working a particular state in RumLogNG, which causes DXAlerting to continue to alert on that state, even though I have worked that state via WSJT-X multiple times, Simply because the State field isn't being filled in.

Could there be a way (perhaps a toggle option) to pull in the data from the log entry form if the incoming WSJT-X log entry matches the callsign field?
This would enable saving of the additional lookup data (hamQTH, qerz.com, etc) and fix the downstream issue related to not populating the saved log with all of the obtained log data.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: WSJT-X Integration not saving all log data

Unread post by DL2RUM »

You have to disable the WSJT_X Auto Save option. Only the original WSJT-X log data will be saved. Enable the Callsign check option and you will be prompted to save the QSO manually, This allows you to have full control over the saved data.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K7DZE

Unread post by K7DZE »

I believe this is what you are referencing
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 2.15.57 PM.png
I turned off "Prompt me to log QSO" in WSJT-X
I turned off "Save QSOs to Logbook" in RumLogNG
I turned on "Callsign Check in RumLogNG"

It worked the first time. RumLogNG prompted me to save the QSO and had updated the TX/RX fields.
I tried again, and never got the RumLogNG notification to save QSO and the TX/RX fields were not updated.
K7DZE

Unread post by K7DZE »

I had to turn on "Prompt me to log QSO" in WSJT-X to get this to work.

Meaning I have to click OK in WSJT-X to log the QSO then switch over to RumLogNG and manually save the QSO (after it prompted me).

This seems like an extra step, and no longer color codes the RumLogNG entry as per the settings.
Is there anyway you can combine the log data from the 2 sources?
Say check the callsign from the incoming wsjtx log data with the callsign field in the log entry form on RumLogNG.
Maybe callsign and grid locator?
If they match pull in extra data from RumLogNG entry form, but keep the TX/RX from the incoming data feed and save the log.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

This seems like an extra step, and no longer color codes the RumLogNG entry as per the settings.
Is there anyway you can combine the log data from the 2 sources?
You can't have both!
You could consider a third option: Let WSJT-X save the QSO and later you can add the missing data using using the provided function.
K7DZE

Unread post by K7DZE »

The third option works fine for States, as I can look them up and enter them manually after the log is saved.

However for DX, the is no apparent way for me to update or even manually enter the country.

The log shows country as a field, and calls created manually (SSB/Phone) have the country field populated(via qrz/jamQTH lookup I suspect). None of the entries coming from WSJT-x have the country field populated, and I see no way to update.

Am I missing the location of the country field in the log entry form, or the log update for?
K7DZE

Unread post by K7DZE »

Upon further inspection, I have no idea how the country field is being populated in the log.

I have manually entered logs where the qrz/hamQTH lookup was used and there is no country information in the country field.
I also seem to have some automated WSJt-x entries where the country field has been populated with State Abbreviation, City.
i.e. LA, Orleans Parish

This is odd.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Do you talk about County or Country?
See here: https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/docs/en/page ... ields.html

You may have missed this: https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/docs/en/page ... H_qrz.html
See the chapter Add data to existing logbook entries
K7DZE

Unread post by K7DZE »

I misread the field, my apologies.

Guess I shouldn't stay up so late and try to computer.
Thanks for your patience.