Log US County entries changing ("%2C" and "%20")

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
BMWrider

Log US County entries changing ("%2C" and "%20")

Unread post by BMWrider »

I'm running the latest version of RUMlogNG with the iCloud synced logbook on a MacBook Pro with macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina). I participated in the November SSB Sweepstakes and imported the QSOs from the contest log into my normal/primary log. I used QSO -> Add QSO Data -> use HamQTH.com to populate the empty fields. Afterward, the QSO US County entry changed un-commanded to replace commas with "%2C" and spaces with"%20". For example, "CA,SAN DIEGO" changed to "CA%2CSAN%20DIEGO". I corrected the entries, and after a few minutes many of the US County entries changed back to include the "%2C" and/or "%20". I tried an experiment where I used HamQTH.com for some log entries and QRZ.com for others. Regardless of data source, the US County entries reverted to include the "%20" and "%2C". Is this an anomaly with the iCloud synced logbook? It is related to the changing of LoTW status from "S" to "W" that I also experienced?

Bruce F | KF0ADW
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Log US County entries changing ("%2C" and "%20")

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Bruce, pse check this version if it shows correct: https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG_Test.zip
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
BMWrider

Yes, that version of the app corrected the errors.

Bruce F | KF0ADW
BMWrider

I'm experiencing a similar issue as above with blanks and special characters getting "remapped" within the User_1 field. I use User_1 to document which antenna I'm using on each QSO. For example, one of the options (set up in a drop-down menu) is 71' EFW. That will become 71%27%20EFW at some point in the synchronization process. It seems to occur more often when I edit multiple records at once. Hopefully it's an easy fix, like the previous issue with Counties. I'm using the iCloud logbook on MacOS Big Sur (11.0.1).

Thanks for everything, RUMlogNG is AWESOME!

Cheers & 73,
Bruce F.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Yes, it seems to be the same problem. It will be fixed in the next update.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM