RUMlogNG resetting LotW status

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
BMWrider

RUMlogNG resetting LotW status

Unread post by BMWrider »

After making a number of QSOs, I upload them to eQSL and LotW. I've noticed that sometimes after uploading to LotW and then eQSL, the LotW status has changed from "S" back to "W". I then have to go into those QSO records and reset the LotW status to "S". Any ideas what may be causing this?

Bruce F | KF0ADW
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RUMlogNG resetting LotW status

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Do you use the iCloud synced logbook? I've heard that before, but no idea yet.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
BMWrider

Unread post by BMWrider »

Yes, I am currently using the iCloud synced logbook. I didn't have this issue until after I switched over (so my iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro automatically stayed synced).

Bruce F | KF0ADW
va2ss

Unread post by va2ss »

same issue here.... using latest version of TQSL and RUMlogNG using iCloud sync.

When logging contacts for a while, I send a bunch using usual TQSL, all quo,s are properly flagged with status S. Then after a period, status change back from S to W. Then it becomes all mixed up between some already sent and those waiting to be sent.

Any clues ???

73 de Jeff | VA2SS
PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

Hello,

I'm opening this topic again, after upload to lotw and eQSL the status went back from S to W after about 1 minute. I use iCloud sync on an iMac 10.15.7 Catalina and iPhone 8 and the latest RUMlogNG. This issue appears still a long time so it's not only the latest version.

Thanks for any help.
Vincent PE2V
Personal ham radio weblog: https://pe2v.nl
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I haven't heard about this problem in a long time. I was never able to reproduce this failure. Maybe a Catalina problem?
Anybody else here with this problem?
PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

Morning,

It happens when I import a contest file. Did that a couple of times the last weeks because of the CWops CW Academy... but also when adding single QSO's. Sometimes the LotW and eQSO status are reset.

It has probably to do with the iCloud Sync. Maybe the status on the iPhone is not set to the new LotW or eQSL status fast enough. Because there is a difference between the devices at that point, it will be synchronised. But to the wrong direction? I don't know how to debug, if possible at all. And maybe it is a Catalina / iPhone 8 issue.

Please let me know if I can help somehow....
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

It may help, when you wait few minutes after uploading to LoTW before you upload to eQSL.
PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

DL2RUM wrote: Wed 6. Mar 2024, 12:28 It may help, when you wait few minutes after uploading to LoTW before you upload to eQSL.
I tried today. After uploading to LotW only, the status still goes back frm S to W after a short period. With a second QSO I uploaded eQSL first and that went fine.

PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

Also noticed several times that the iPhone app is not always updated with the latest QSO's. Sometimes nothing, or partly. I need to restart RUMlogNG to complete the synchronisation. So, there must be something wrong with the iCloud synchronisation on my iMac (or iPhone) or both devices.... if I'm the only one with this 'issue'...