Change QSL status of multiple QSOs

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
K8AJS

Change QSL status of multiple QSOs

Unread post by K8AJS »

Today I've received from the QSL bureau 100 or so DX QSL cards. This brings up an issue that I discovered some time ago and have not been able to fix.

I would like to use the Paper QSL In... tool to check in these QSLs and prepare to send replies. The problem is that at some time in the past a large quantity of QSOs have received the "R" notation in the QSL field erroneously. I have no idea how this happened. I would like to select all of these QSOs and use the logging mask to correct the incorrect QSL entries. BUT if I select more than one QSO, the logging mask does not contain the QSL fields to edit.

Can this issue be corrected? Can you change the logging mask edit function to enable bulk changes to QSL status?

Thanks very much for your help.

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Change QSL status of multiple QSOs

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Since your statistics are affected by the R QSL status, you have to edit each QSO individually.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K8AJS

Unread post by K8AJS »

DL2RUM wrote: Sat 10. Oct 2020, 15:26 Since your statistics are affected by the R QSL status, you have to edit each QSO individually.
That's going to render this fix impossible. I have 646 erroneous QSOs in a log of over 175K QSOS. Every time I make an edit to a QSO, I have a spinning rainbow wheel for at least 18 to 20 seconds before the log is usable again. If I have to do these one at a time, the job won't be completed until next year.

I'll have to figure something else out.

Thanks for the info.

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
K9QJS

Unread post by K9QJS »

Here's an idea which may or may not work for you: export all QSO's as ADIF. Edit the ADIF file with search and replace in a text editor of your choice, and reimport to a new file. Easy to test at least.

Hoop
K9QJS
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

in a log of over 175K QSOS. Every time I make an edit to a QSO, I have a spinning rainbow wheel for at least 18 to 20 seconds before the log is usable again
I will check if I can create a so huge file, 20 seconds are not acceptable.
K8AJS

Unread post by K8AJS »

K9QJS wrote: Sat 10. Oct 2020, 16:00 Here's an idea which may or may not work for you: export all QSO's as ADIF. Edit the ADIF file with search and replace in a text editor of your choice, and reimport to a new file. Easy to test at least.

Hoop
K9QJS
Thanks for the idea. I've been thinking along those lines; I'm not sure if the ADIF file contains all of the data that is in the .rlog file. I suppose I could do that with a piece of the file, to see if I would lose anything.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
K8AJS

Unread post by K8AJS »

DL2RUM wrote: Sat 10. Oct 2020, 17:59
in a log of over 175K QSOS. Every time I make an edit to a QSO, I have a spinning rainbow wheel for at least 18 to 20 seconds before the log is usable again
I will check if I can create a so huge file, 20 seconds are not acceptable.
I agree. Actually, that time comes from a check done some time ago, now it's running more around 25 to 30 seconds for a QSO edit. I figured it's because of the size of the database and the fact that it doesn't seem to be indexed.

My entire log is actually in two files, I have another 50K QSOs from my earlier callsign. I've kept it separate, but available for any searches i have to do in it.

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I made a test log with 210.000 QSOs. Now I can notice a hung, pending on the number of affected QSOs. While editing a QSO with S01 doesn't show any delay, there is a hung of up to eight seconds when editing a QSO with a DL station (22.000 Qs in the log)
I addressed a performance problem and made few improvements, check this please and report: https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG_Test.zip
K8AJS

Unread post by K8AJS »

DL2RUM wrote: Sun 11. Oct 2020, 13:30 I made a test log with 210.000 QSOs. Now I can notice a hung, pending on the number of affected QSOs. While editing a QSO with S01 doesn't show any delay, there is a hung of up to eight seconds when editing a QSO with a DL station (22.000 Qs in the log)
I addressed a performance problem and made few improvements, check this please and report: https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG_Test.zip
I checked and, based on the number of affected QSOs (selecting based on the DXCC of the QSO), I changed a couple of the affected QSOs with W1AW (there are 94,510 log entries for DXCC K) and then I made a change in a QSO with an HL (59 log entries for HL in my log). There was virtually no difference in the time required, they both took a duration of 20 to 25 seconds to complete.

Hope this helps.

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hope this helps.
Not really. Could you e-mail me your log file for further investigations?