Problems with direct upload of QSOs to LoTW

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
VA3PCJ

Problems with direct upload of QSOs to LoTW

Unread post by VA3PCJ »

I am having difficulties uploading QSOs to LoTW directly from RUMlogNG (i.e., I get the message “Can’t use tqsl: the file could not be opened because it is not in the correct format”). The problem seems to be the “qso_date_off” field in the ADIF format automatically output by RUMlogNG, since removing this field from the ADIF permits its upload to LoTW though only via the TQSL program and not directly from RUMlogNG using the "LoTW out for selected QSOs" in the “QSL” drop menu. Is there any way to prevent RUMlogNG from using this field when formatting its ADIF files (or is there any way to make LoTW accept this field as a valid ADIF field?). Much appreciated. 73 de Jose VA3PCJ.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Problems with direct upload of QSOs to LoTW

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hmm, RUMlog doesn't use the <qso_date_off> tag in the ADIF file for tqsl! There must be another problem.

Look for the file: ~/Library/Containers/de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG/Data/ Tqsl_error_Log.txt This may provide further information for trouble shooting.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
VA3PCJ

Unread post by VA3PCJ »

Thank you Tom for your prompt attention to this.

Here is the content of an ADIF just created by RUMLogNG showing a complete the record:
------------------------------
<ADIF_VER:5>3.1.0
<CREATED_TIMESTAMP:15>20200903 144537
<PROGRAMID:8>RUMlogNG
<PROGRAMVERSION:3>4.7
<EOH>

<call:6>KB3WAC <qso_date_off:8>20200903 <qso_date:8>20200903 <time_on:6>135800 <time_off:6>135800 <band:3>40m <freq:8>7.188000 <mode:3>SSB <rst_sent:2>59 <rst_rcvd:2>59 <app_rumlog_qsl:1>- <qsl_rcvd:1>N <qsl_sent:1>I <state:2>MD <dxcc:3>291 <cqz:1>5 <ituz:1>8 <cont:2>NA <name:7>Rosario <qth:11>POTA K-0669 <comment:11>POTA K-0669 <app_rumlog_power:9>Mid Power <eqsl_qsl_rcvd:1>N <eqsl_qsl_sent:1>N <lotw_qsl_rcvd:1>N <lotw_qsl_sent:1>N <pfx:3>KB3 <clublog_qso_upload_status:1>M <app_rumlog_colorcode:1>0 <eor>
------------------------------

This record could not be uploaded to LoTW using the RUMLogNG menu, and the message indicated in my previous posting was displayed.

The file "~/Library/Containers/de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG/Data/ Tqsl_error_Log.txt", on the other hand, did not register any error.

Subsequently, the above ADIF file was successfully uploaded as such using the TQSL App.

Again, much appreciated. 73 de Jose VA3PCJ.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

This ADIF was created by RUMlog using the export function. This is not the file, RUMlog sends to TQSL!

Go to the LoTW preferences and set the Location popup to Ask for, try again.
VA3PCJ

Unread post by VA3PCJ »

Yes, ok. What I meant was that the record of that QSO could not be uploaded via RUMlogNG. The "Ask for" has always been set.

Thanks again.

J.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

You pointed me in the wrong direction.
Do you have uploaded QSOs directly from RL to LoTW successfully before?
In the LoTW preferences clear the field for Password for signing, try again.
VA3PCJ

Unread post by VA3PCJ »

My apologies if I have inadvertenty pointed you in the wrong direction, Tom.
I have been using RUMLOG and then RUMLOGNG for many years, and yes I have had not problem before in uploading new QSOs to LoTW directly from RUMLOG. The problem started a few versions ago (currently I am usinf version "4.7 (408)").
The password in the "RUMLOG / Preferences / LoTW/eQSL" menu is the correct one.
And yes, every time I try to upload a QSO to LoTW directly from RUMLOGNG I get the message: "Cant't use tqsl: The file couldn't be opened becuse it isn't in the correct format." I have no problem uploading it via an ADIF file clicking in the TQSL app. Also I have no problems uploading QSOs directly to eQSL.
I am sorry to have troubled you with this, as it is only a minor problem for me to create an ADIF file and upload it to LoTW using the TQSL app.
Much appreciated,
73 de Jose VA3PCJ/VE3DTI.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Do you have changed your password recently?
VA3PCJ

Unread post by VA3PCJ »

The problem with the direct uploads to LoTW goes back several months when I was using my original LoTW PW. I changed the LoTW PW in the website two days ago. The error reported on the file format still happens with the new one. (In the RUMlogNG Preferences LotW/eQSL menu both the "Password" and the "Password for signing" are the correct ones. "Location" is set to "Ask for".)
Thanks again,
Jose VA3PCJ/VE3DTI
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Make sure your password doesn't contain any special characters. Some may cause trouble.