Multiple control windows opening each time I launch

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
themusicman

Multiple control windows opening each time I launch

Unread post by themusicman »

Hi All

I am running RUMlogNG with my IC-7300 and now that I have updated the Silicon Labs driver, all appears to be working again and I can successfully control the rig from RUMlogNG.

However, each time I launch the app or turn the radio on, a new control window opens and I end up with multiple control windows open with of course only one of these actually controlling the radio.

I wonder could anyone advise please as to what I can do to eliminate this weirdness :)

Thanks all
John
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Multiple control windows opening each time I launch

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Which RL version do you use? I hope this is fixed already.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
themusicman

HiTom

I am running Version 4.5.1 (386)

Is this the right one for this function?
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

themusicman

Oops... thanks Tom :D

Any news on the other suggestion I have re mouse drag being able to move the selected frequency in the IC-7300 waterfall?
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Currently the mouse dragging will zoom in to the waterfall. So this function is not available. Whats wrong with your VFO knob?
themusicman

DL2RUM wrote: Mon 27. Jul 2020, 16:36 Whats wrong with your VFO knob?
Nothing, it works fine!

But, as you well know, when using a computer it is much easier when everything is under your fingers and one can use the mouse to adjust all essential controls - including operating frequency - similar to the excellent application that runs with SunSDR. It makes operating much easier if using a computer is an operators mode of preference and avoids one having to move ones hand off the mouse and onto the dial.

My last reply... is why not? OK, sure you currently have the mouse being able to zoom into the waterfall, but maybe a hot-key in conjunction with a button press and mouse drag could also be employed to alter frequency (and even bandwidth on received signal). Would add another very worthwhile function to an already excellent app, Tom.

PS: I already contributed, but would be more than happy to do so again if this was something that could help push through suggested features. :)