HamQTH.com Passwords

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
w4pd

HamQTH.com Passwords

Unread post by w4pd »

Good Day.
First let me thank you Tom & team for the very nice program RumLog & the various derivatives. I'm not very radio active, but love this logging software for the Mac!
I was on the verge of posting a new topic yesterday, but I kept searching the forum for HamQth issues. I verified all the settings as noted from other post topics, but every time I tried to tab beyond the CALLSIGN box, I received an error (see attached screenshot) regarding HamQTH.com. I reset the pw several times on HamQTH.com and verified it worked for the website, but nothing changed with RumLogNG until I recalled a comment from a code writer in my office. I had the "&" character in all of my PW settings at HamQTH.com. When I removed the "&" from the password, the error no longer appeared and the appropriate data now filled the log fields as desired. :D
So, Mr. Tom, I thought I would share that experience so that you and/or others like me might benefit. Could it also be that other special characters might create similar parsing issues & impede the callsign query process?
Thank you again for your program & all the time you spend answering the numerous questions. Your program certainly adds to my enjoyment of the limited radio time I find. Keep up the great work please!
73 de W4PD Paul...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.33.31 AM.png