2 questions

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
N4ERZ

2 questions

Unread post by N4ERZ »

Both of these issues are almost certainly user error.

1. I subscribe to the QRZ database and have entered my login information under the preference-database section. When I enter a call in logging and hit tab, I get a pop up that it can't query Ham QTH. I'm not sure how to set QRZ as my default.

2. I am at a loss how to get my Elecraft K3 to send its frequency to Rumlog. I have the USB connection from the back of the panadapter running into the mac, and have looked at the section under preferences and in the guide, but I'm pretty lost. Is there a tutorial anyplace? I don't need any controls other than following frequency and band. That would make life pretty simple.

Thank you!
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: 2 questions

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I'm not sure how to set QRZ as my default.
Just press the qrq.com tab in the result window
I am at a loss how to get my Elecraft K3 to send its frequency to Rumlog.
Do you see the K3 port in the preferences? Just go though all the TRX tab settings and makle sure all settings are matching your settings in the TRX. When it's not working, post a screen shot to find the problem.

Everyone is invited to help out with tutorials.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
N4ERZ

Unread post by N4ERZ »

DL2RUM wrote: Fri 3. Apr 2020, 09:15
I'm not sure how to set QRZ as my default.
Just press the qrq.com tab in the result window
I am at a loss how to get my Elecraft K3 to send its frequency to Rumlog.
Do you see the K3 port in the preferences? Just go though all the TRX tab settings and makle sure all settings are matching your settings in the TRX. When it's not working, post a screen shot to find the problem.

Everyone is invited to help out with tutorials.

I'm going to tackle these one at a time. I don't see a QRQ.com tab. I must be missing where to look for it. I have the correct info entered int eh QRZ portion of the database section. When I hit tab, nothing populates though.

Thank you for the help!
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I don't see a QRQ.com tab.
Here
Here
N4ERZ

Unread post by N4ERZ »

That worked! Thank you! Is there a way for it to auto-populate or do I need to hit the mall triangle each time (not a problem)?

I'nm going to tackle the K3 connectivity this weekend. I'm pretty lost, but will give it a shot
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Keep the window open. Each time you tab out of the callsign field the query starts.