Change in entity for LU1ZI

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
K8AJS

Change in entity for LU1ZI

Unread post by K8AJS »

In 2016 and 2017 I had QSOs with LU1ZI on South Shetland Islands, VP8H, the QSOs were confirmed in LotW at the time. Today, I downloaded some confirmations from LotW, and it indicated that contacts that I had in my log for South Shetland Islands were now confirmed on LotW as Antarctica, AND without any input from me CHANGED the DXCC on those contacts in my log to CE9 Antarctica. There seems to be no way for me to change the CE9 on those contacts back to VP8H, where it belongs.

Looking at ClubLog, I see that it still has the contacts correctly logged as South Shetland Islands there. It looks like the team has recently updated their LotW certificate and improperly entered it as Antarctica.

Thankfully, this doesn't affect any of my DXCC credits for the South Shetland Islands, but I would still like to get the entries in my log back to the correct location of LU1ZI when the contacts were made. Can anything be done to accomplish this?

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Change in entity for LU1ZI

Unread post by DL2RUM »

RUMlog uses the LoTW QSL data and corrects or overwrites your data when you have checked the option Use QSL data in the LoTW preferences.
Double click your QSO, change the callsign temporally, change it back to LU1ZI and RUMlog should recalculate the DXCC correct to VP8H again.

Please note: According Club Log, there were short time activities in 2016 from South Shetland only - not in 2017!

LU1ZI.png
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K8AJS

Unread post by K8AJS »

>RUMlog uses the LoTW QSL data and corrects or overwrites your data when you have
>checked the option Use QSL data in the LoTW preferences.

>Double click your QSO, change the callsign temporally, change it back to LU1ZI and RUMlog
>should recalculate the DXCC correct to VP8H again.

Thank you, using that method I was able to change all but one of my QSOs back to VP8H, South Shetland Islands.

>Please note: According Club Log, there were short time activities in 2016 from South Shetland
>only - not in 2017!

From the Daily DX, Vol 20, Number 023, February 3, 2016

“VP8/H - South Shetland Islands -
Now through the end of February LU4CJM, Juan Manuel Pereda, is here
working in telecommunications and operating in his spare time both as
LU1ZI from the Carlini Antarctic Scientific station and LU4CJM/Z….”

I worked it 19 Feb on 40 meters, 26 Feb and 5 Mar 2016 on 20 meters

From the Daily DX, Vol 21, Number 005, January 6, 2017

"LU1ZI - South Shetland Islands -
The Radio Club Argentino, IARU National MS, announces that it will be
active from Carlini Base, King Georg Island, South Shetland Islands
(AN-010).  Operation is scheduled from February 15th to early March….”

I worked it 24 Feb 2017 on 40 meters

Club Log call tester shows the following for 2017:

For QSOs on 2017-02-24 01:25...
LU1ZI maps by prefix to SOUTH SHETLAND ISLANDS
ADIF 241 [VP8H]
CQ Zone: 13 — Continent: SA
Beam heading: 169°
SR 08:55 / SS 23:19

In my log on Club Log, it tags all four of my QSOs for South Shetland Islands. The correction method you gave me only changed three of them back in my local log, leaving the 2017 QSO as CE9.

According to news on the ARRL-LOTW mailing list, the situation is currently being investigated at ARRL HQ. I’ll QRX for a while and see if they get it straightened out.

Thanks for your help.

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Club Log call tester shows the following for 2017:
Interesting. These data are not consistent with the data Club Log provides in the xml dxcc database.
You can:
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM