Multiple Log Files

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
va3cp

Multiple Log Files

Unread post by va3cp »

I have recently started operating at locations for Parks On The Air and Canadian National Parks On The Air where I have a different location to home thus a different grid square. I have added multiple station locations in TQSL and made a new log file called VA3CP_Portable.rlog
I have this log set to ask what TQSL configuration location I want to use. The logs upload to LoTW and eQSL properly.
When I am in my main log file VA3CP.rlog and check incoming LoTW and eQSL's and a confirmation comes in for my VA3CP_Portable.rlog, they are highlighted RED because they the QSO's are not in my main log file. There may also be black entries in the incoming window as they match an entry in my main log file.

What is the correct procedure to get the RED entries to match to the QSO in my VA3CP_Portable.rlog file? If I close the incoming window, switch log files and request to load LoTW IN or eQSL IN, I get a blank incoming window and the QSO's are not confirmed.

I am using RumlogNG V3.12.2 and OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan. (Cant upgrade to newer OS X due to age of my iMac.)

Dave, VA3CP
73, Dave, VA3CP
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Multiple Log Files

Unread post by DL2RUM »

For the download, LoTW can just be asked for a specific callsign, not for a location. It would be easier when you work /p. You should just ignore the red lines.
switch log files and request to load LoTW IN or eQSL IN, I get a blank incoming window and the QSO's are not confirmed.
I haven't seen your scenario before. It seems, the Last LoTW in date is wrong. Go to the LoTW preferences and reset this date few days back - pending on your download frequency.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
va3cp

Unread post by va3cp »

Tom,

I download from LoTW daily. I changed the date back 3 days and did a LoTW download with the VA3CP.rlog open. 6 QSL's recieved, 3 QSO's not in logbook (in RED) The 3 in red are in the VA3CP_Portable.rlog log file. At this time, the red QSO's show as LoTW recieved (X) but I may have had the portable log book open when I did a download.

While operating /P, I use a Win8 laptop and change the grid square setting for where I am operating. I then export the log file from Windows and import into the /P logfile on RumlogNG. I am using VA3CP as the callsign in the Win8 logger without the /P. Would this be my problem?

I am going /P today. I will wait until I get some QSL's in from today's activity and report back on my findings.
73, Dave, VA3CP
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I guess you will need a new LOTW certificate for /p
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
va3cp

Unread post by va3cp »

I think I have figured it out without having to get another LoTW certificate.
If you check incoming LoTW and eQsl and a confirmation comes in for another log, just leave the incoming LoTW and eQSL window open, change to the other log and the QSO's will update with their confirmations.

I think this subject is resolved now. You are correct that it probably would be easier to use another LoTW certificate for a /P callsign but I have found that a lot of the time, a station that is operating /P or /M do not upload their logs that way. I have been doing the same without the /P.

Thanks for the input.
73, Dave, VA3CP