CAT Control issue WSJT-X->RUMlog using Kenwood TS590S

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
va3cp

Re: CAT Control issue WSJT-X->RUMlog using Kenwood TS590S

Unread post by va3cp »

Tom,

Yes, this thread started about the TS590 interfacing with WSJT-X so rather than start a new thread for the TS570s with interface problems, I continued here as I thought it may be related. (turns out it was not related)

Good that you found the USB/LSB modes reversed for the TS570S. For the time being, I will leave PSK mode set to LSB.

The CW tone I was talking about is probably the command coming from Rumlog to the TRX setting the mode as USB. When the mode is changed on the TS570S (and the TS590), there is a CW beep sound from the speaker corresponding to the mode that was just selected. When changing bands in WSJT-X or at the end of an FT8 or JT65 transmission, a CW beep tone is emitted from the speaker of the TRX, however, it is not consistent as to what is emitted and does not affect operation. It sounds like a letter U (which makes sense) plus something else. The YouTube link is for one complete transmission cycle of FT8. You will hear what I am talking about at the end of the video.

73, Dave, VA3CP
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Well Dave, the CW id U seems do be disturbed. I don't know why, but for any reason WSJT-X forces the mode setting in each transmission.
This causes me headaches too. I use an IC-7300, when changing (or just commanding) a mode, ICOM resets the filter to a default value. This doesn't allow me to use another filter setup on the fly.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
va3cp

Unread post by va3cp »

Tom,

Yes, things can be a challenge at times. I turned the beep tone off on the radio for digital modes so that I don't hear it.
I really like the new feature to interface WSJT-X with RumlogNG. This is a very nice addition.

Thanks to you and your team of helpers for the work you put into Rumlog. It is appreciated.
73, Dave, VA3CP