Synchronisation DXCC.rsd database

QSO logging software for the Mac
n1ho

Re: Synchronisation DXCC.rsd database

Unread post by n1ho »

Well, I ended up scrapping the original "installations" of RUMlog and RUMped, then downloaded fresh copies, and then used Finder to "move" the folders (Safari unzipped the downloaded files for me automatically) to my Applications folder. All of the applications now show up on my Launchpad screen.

Everything came up OK, although it was a bit unnerving to see that when I started the fresh installation of RUMlog, it had found the log file that I'd been using all along (which was in an usual place). But, there were NO complaints about the DXCC.rsd database AND after I ran the DXCC checker (within RUMlog, not the EditDXCC applet), it cleaned up my log file to correctly reflect my meager progress towards DXCC INCLUDING properly noting that KG4KL that I worked a few days ago is indeed in Guantanamo.

RUMped came up properly as well - it found all my previous settings, etc., although I don't have a log file for it yet - about 4 hours to go until 0000Z and the ARRL DX Contest :D

Thank you, Rick - I really appreciate it, and I learned a LOT today!

Brandy, N1HO
K6LE

Unread post by K6LE »

Brandy,

Glad it's working out.

You will enjoy using RUMped in the Test. If you get the workflow down and use the ESM mode it's really great. Just don't get out of sequence and keep an eye on the macro tabs to see what's next and it flows great.
Rick Prather
K6LE
Modesto, CA

2016 iMac 27" 5K
MacOS - HS
n1ho

Unread post by n1ho »

As a final follow-up, I did use RUMped for the contest, and had a great time using it, and had no real problems
with the software. After the contest was over, I carefully made copies of the resulting .ADIF and .CBR files and
tweaked them as necessary, and was able to cleanly import the contest .ADIF file into my regular RUMlog file.

I compared what the updated RUMlog file said to my paper-and-pencil calculation, which shows that I worked
39 new countries during the contest (went from 30 to 69). Not bad for a 20m quarter-wave vertical with a 40 foot
wire tied off to a tree, and I only started chasing countries in mid-January. 118 QSOs and 89 multipliers = 31,506 claimed.

I didn't try ESM mode, but probably will next time.

I am very, very pleased with RUMlog and RUMped - they are fulfilling my needs nicely!

Brandy, N1HO
K6LE

Unread post by K6LE »

Brandy,

Glad it worked for you. I also used it for the contest and it worked flawlessly.

Nothing like a contest to get your DXCC count up!

I picked up about 25 new ones for 2012 for the CQ Marathon.

Enjoy,
Rick Prather
K6LE
Modesto, CA

2016 iMac 27" 5K
MacOS - HS
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

and was able to cleanly import the contest .ADIF file into my regular RUMlog file
Just a hint:
There is a direct function provided to import contest files into your RUMlog log file: Menu-->Log-->Import RUMped
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
n1ho

Unread post by n1ho »

Thank you, Tom for the hint (and, more importantly, for the underlying capability!)

I was/am being very, very cautious, as I tend to be with software that is new to me. In a former life, I was
a software QC engineer for a major UNIX vendor and old habits die hard.

I also wanted to clean up a couple of simple errors on my part - clearly no one was running "FL" power,
but that's what I had typed in in a couple of places.

However, everything worked perfectly and, more importantly, I *enjoyed* using it during the contest, and
I'm getting better at it.

Now to get the rest of the countries I need for DXCC :D
and get them *confirmed* :?