RUMlogNG resetting LotW status

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
PE2V

Re: RUMlogNG resetting LotW status

Unread post by PE2V »

DL2RUM wrote: Wed 6. Mar 2024, 12:28 It may help, when you wait few minutes after uploading to LoTW before you upload to eQSL.
Does not make any differences.... I participate 2 times a week the CWops CWT and after importing the contest log, I wait a couple of minutes, open the iPhone app to see if the QSO's are also in RUMlogNG2GO. Upload to LOTW or eQSL. Wait a couple of minutes while clicking around. Then I upload to eQSL or LOTW. This is what is happening every time (I'm glad I make about 20 QSO's per CWT):

When first upload to eQSL and second to LOTW, the LOTW status will go from S to W after a couple of minutes.
When first upload to LOTW and second to eQSL, the LOTW status goes from S to W directly after the eQSL upload is complete.

And I don't know if this is a RUMlogNG, iCloud or iMac Catalina issue. Or an issue on my iMac only. But it is annoying. Every time I need to open every single QSO to change the status.

But what it makes probably related: When I make a selection like 'Mode CW' or 'Mode CW Year 2023' because I need to change QSL statuses, it does not always keep the selection. I need to go back to all and make the selection again. Don't know if this has something to do with the QSL status thing....
Personal ham radio weblog: https://pe2v.nl
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

On which devices do you use RUMlog? Do you log on a Mac?
Switch off all the other devices. Will it happen again? Have you tried to delete the sandbox container?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

DL2RUM wrote: Fri 6. Sep 2024, 08:55 On which devices do you use RUMlog? Do you log on a Mac?
Yes, I run es log with RUMlogNG on iMac Catalina and RUMlogNG2GO on my iPhone 8 only fer /P logging but therefor I use a separate logbook file. Not iCloud.
DL2RUM wrote: Fri 6. Sep 2024, 08:55 Switch off all the other devices. Will it happen again?
Ok! Did not try that. Switching off the iPhone would be good to test! tnx!
DL2RUM wrote: Fri 6. Sep 2024, 08:55 Have you tried to delete the sandbox container?
Euhm I don’t know what you mean. Is this ‘sandbox’ visible at the import window? If so, the issue appears also with a single QSO logged into RUMlogNG, not only when importing. It only hurts more after importing hehe
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

macOS stores all related app data in a special folder. When you delete it, you have a clean install and you loose all settings!
  • Backup your logbook - Export to file, or do a complete ADIF export.
  • Quit RUMlog.
  • Back up first and then delete the folder in your home directory: ~/Library/Containers/de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG . You may just see ~/Library/Containers/RUMlogNG in the Finder.
  • Reboot the Mac
  • Start RUMlog and select the iCloud-synced logbook from the Logbook menu.
  • The logbook should appear after a short time.

Most of the settings are stored in ~/Users/dl2rum/Library/Containers/de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG/Data/Library/Preferences
Few files are stored in ~/Users/dl2rum/Library/Containers/de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG/Data/Library/Application\ Support/de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG
Later you could copy back these files/folders to restore your setup. But a real clean install would be better a better try to fix your problem.
PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

Okay, it’s scary :mrgreen: but I’ll try and report here!

Thanks for your support!
PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

DL2RUM wrote: Fri 6. Sep 2024, 08:55 Switch off all the other devices. Will it happen again?
This makes a difference! I added 3 QSO's this morning but kept the iPhone off. And all is working fine. After a certain time I put on the iPhone and still the QSL status is good and the QSO's are visible in the 2GO app. So a good workaround fer now.

Next week I'll do what you described Friday!
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When you can confirm this over the next days, I would recommend to delete and reinstall RUMlog from your iPhone first. There are far fewer settings to restore.
PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

DL2RUM wrote: Mon 9. Sep 2024, 08:52 When you can confirm this over the next days, I would recommend to delete and reinstall RUMlog from your iPhone first. There are far fewer settings to restore.
Thanks. I'll do that.

And you're right, with 2 TRX's (IC-7300 es FT-891) and two transverters (VHF es UHF) and rotor interface it's a bit more to setup/restore on the iMac hehe.
PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

PE2V wrote: Mon 9. Sep 2024, 07:56
This makes a difference! I added 3 QSO's this morning but kept the iPhone off. And all is working fine. After a certain time I put on the iPhone and still the QSL status is good and the QSO's are visible in the 2GO app. So a good workaround fer now.

Next week I'll do what you described Friday!
Today I imported 22 CWT contest QSO's into RUMogNG iCLoud log while the iPhone was off. Uploaded to LotW first, second uploaded to eQSL and boom... sadly all statuses back to W fer LoTW. So, shutting down the iPhone does not help.

I'm a bit scared reinstalling RUMlogNG on the iMac but I have to I'm afraid.