RUMLogNG fails after a few minutes, won't restart

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
WB0KWJ

RUMLogNG fails after a few minutes, won't restart

Unread post by WB0KWJ »

Has anyone encountered this behavior? It has left RUMlogNG nonfunctional for me.

After the most recent update, RUMlogNG (5.15.2) crashes after a operating seemingly correctly for a few minutes, and will not restart. For the few minutes it runs, it appears to operate completely normally. When it suddenly stops operating, the spinning rainbow appears, but the app never recovers. It stops communicating with WSJT-x and with CAT control.

Sometimes the app will appear to be active in the background, but without any opening any windows. Sometimes it doesn't seem to open at all. The app does not reliably respond to a Force Quit, sometimes requiring several attempts to shut it down. Sometimes the app name continues to appear in the Force Quit menu even when the app doesn't seem to be active at all (i.e., it's not reported in the Activity Monitor). RUMlogNG will only work again after a full system restart, and then only for a few minutes. Deleting the app and downloading a new version from the app store did not help. The same behavior is seen in the direct download from dl2rum site (version 5.15.1).

I am on an M1 Mac with 16GB running Sonoma 14.2.1. All other apps and functions on the computer appear to be normal.
WB0KWJ

Re: RUMLogNG fails after a few minutes, won't restart

Unread post by WB0KWJ »

This may have been a bug unique to my OS and RUMlogNG installation.

After updating to Sonoma 14.3, RUMlogNG has been stable and operating properly with WSJT-x.