DigiRig iPad Pro.

RUMlog for the iPad and iPhone
km4esu

DigiRig iPad Pro.

Unread post by km4esu »

I am putting in a request for support for Rumog2GO to support the digirig for the KX2. I have my iPad working FT8 but I prefer working CW with my KX2 and I need logging with Rumlog2GO that is more automated. I know you support bluetooth connection but the digirig is very small and just takes a USBc cable to make the connection. You will need to tell your iPad you are not connecting headphones but then you are off to the races.

I really would be nice to have reg control for the KX2 when I am working portable because my only computer is the iPad. Please consider this enhancement.

Tim
KM4ESU
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: DigiRig iPad Pro.

Unread post by DL2RUM »

As far as I know, there are no drivers available for such devices. Do you have other information?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
km4esu

Unread post by km4esu »

The digirig uses the CP210x family of UARTS. Using both iFTX and FT8d apps I had the audio transport working with bidirectional communications. So the PTT is woking with the audio. I am not sure if they have a driver to silicon labs in the software stack. You would think if you can transport audio and assert PTT there has to be someting.

I will ask silicon labs if they have a driver for iPADOS and see. I know apple has development going in drivers for the ipad.

Tim
KM4ESU
km4esu

Unread post by km4esu »

From what I understand there is support for drivers. You will need to use DriverKit and this is supported by the M1 Chip in IPads. The driver is embedded into application and signed. This supports serial plus many other devices. Also you share a driver between some apps.

Note apple realizes people what to do more with an iPad and I believe this is why they added DriverKit to the iPad.

Here is the WWDC presentation on how this works on a iPad.

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play ... 22/110373/

Tim
KM4ESU