Issues in contesting

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
w6ipa

Issues in contesting

Unread post by w6ipa »

Hi,

I have been using the contest window for the past 10 days (wrtc), reseting the dup check every day. The band map has been working as expected showing the new/worked stations correctly. This morning, after the reset, all the callsigns in the band map are marked as worked(red) or orange, and when I click on the station, the radio change frequency but the call sign is not copied to the contest window anymore. Did I inadvertently changed something ?

The stations that are red are definitely not in my log, either the contest one or the main one.

Thanks,

JC/W6IPA
w6ipa

Re: Issues in contesting

Unread post by w6ipa »

Hi,

Sorry - I figured it out. I forgot that Window/band map is not the one I should have used, but instead Contest/Show band map.
As a usability improvement, maybe the window title could have the name of the contest/main to differentiate them ? I understand that the integration of rumped is not complete, so sometimes it's difficult to track where things are.

Thanks - and sorry for the noise.

JC/W6IPA
n4dj-Don

Unread post by n4dj-Don »

I have been using the contest window for a while and today is the first contest (HA-DX) where a serial number is sent. How do I configure the preferences to send my serial number. In contest preferences under CW I can get it to send anything I want under exchange but no serial number. I have tried entering 599, 5nn, 599 #, 599 {exch} nothing will make it send the serial number.

Don
N4DJ
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

In contest preferences under CW I can get it to send anything I want under exchange but no serial number.
The exchange message F2 could look like this: <rst> <Number>
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
n4dj-Don

Unread post by n4dj-Don »

Works perfect! Thank you?
Don
N4DJ