Communication Rotor and RL

The most advanced rotator control and satellite tracking solution for the Mac
PE2V

Communication Rotor and RL

Unread post by PE2V »

Hello Thomas,

The Rotor app works great! I really like it. I'm using the ERC Easy USB rotor controller. But... there's only one strange behaviour. After startup of RL and Rotor the two programs do not communicate. I need to wake it up by editing a server / UDP setting in RL. After that the 'green light' (Logbook status) in Rotor is ON. After a while the communication goes off and the green spot also. At that point I need to edit a setting in RL and it is working again....

I don't know where to start or to look, so I have ask it here. Please see attachments for my RL and Rotor settings. I hope you see a wrong setting? Thanks!!

Vy73 Vincent PE2V
Attachments
rotor-preferences.jpg
rl-002.jpg
rl-001.jpg
Personal ham radio weblog: https://pe2v.nl
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Communication Rotor and RL

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Info: There is a bug in the current RUMlog version. The UDP broadcast App Info (N1MM and RUMlog) doesn't switch off completely when commanded. This causes an error when you want to start it again. You have to restart RUMlog, then all UDP changes will take affect.

But this doesn't explain your problem You should watch the Network Window in RUMlog for possible error messages.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

Thanks Thomas!

I changed some settings.... and now I see "Set to Station" change into "No data: ?" in ROTOR after startup and this changed into the callsign from the logbook field when I add an call. So, a small step forward. But the "Logbook status" spot is still grey and not green (see attachment). So clicking on the compass in RL does not change the rotor direction in ROTOR. Manual pressing the button works fine. Hmmmmm but I saw a green spot yesterday but I don't what settings I used...

Below the actual settings.....
RL Preferences
TAB TX 1
DxLap Suite Commander - Start on Port 7375

TAB UDP
Fldigi compatible: disabled
App info enabled Port: 12060
DX spot enabled Port: 12060

- WSJT-X
CAT Port: 7374 and Exchange CAT data enabled
Dataport: 2238

ROTOR Preferences
UDP settings
RUMlog UDP Port: 12060 - Use

DxLap Suite Commander
localhost : Port:7375
Attachments
RL Network
RL Network
ROTOR prefs
ROTOR prefs
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When you see data from RL, you can disregard the grey bubble. No data: ? is shown when the direction to the given station can't be calculated due to the missing grid square.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

DL2RUM wrote: Fri 17. Dec 2021, 15:56 When you see data from RL, you can disregard the grey bubble. No data: ? is shown when the direction to the given station can't be calculated due to the missing grid square.
Yes I know, Thanks. That is working fine. But only when the bubbel is green, clicking on the compass in RL will start the rotor to turn in the given locator. The bubble is grey in my case so I need to click the button in the Rotor app. Not a big difference or problem but would be great if the compas is working too. And it did yesterday….. but maybe it is normal how it works now (with grey bubble)?

And I did not try the auto rotate function for the contest part yet but I’m afraid that that doesn’t work too with grey bubble….

Cheers! Vincent
PE2V

Unread post by PE2V »

Hello,

Hereby an update for this topic: all is working fine now, including the green spot. What I changed? Nothing.... so maybe tomorrow it doesn't work.... but for now.... I'm so happy!! hehehe...

Thanks Thomas!
Vy73 Vincent
K3GT

Unread post by K3GT »

Thanks for this thread...solved my issues

Bob
K3GT
Bob
K3GT
m0pkz

Unread post by m0pkz »

Hi Tom,

If using erc rotator on remote windows pc can I somehow use in the settings to set port etc. and connect to that remote one? I presume I need emulate the port somehow or is other options?
Both pc's in the same network one running Windows 10 with physical rotator connection and main pc is new Mac mini m1.

Regards, Kes.

quote=DL2RUM post_id=6608 time=1639749372 user_id=2]
Info: There is a bug in the current RUMlog version. The UDP broadcast App Info (N1MM and RUMlog) doesn't switch off completely when commanded. This causes an error when you want to start it again. You have to restart RUMlog, then all UDP changes will take affect.

But this doesn't explain your problem You should watch the Network Window in RUMlog for possible error messages.
[/quote]