New cross platform SDR Software that supports Mac, can I connect to it from RUMlogNG?

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
n2iw

New cross platform SDR Software that supports Mac, can I connect to it from RUMlogNG?

Unread post by n2iw »

I didn't find any half decent SDR software for Mac until a few days ago! A youtube video introduced a new cross-platform SDR software called SDRPlusPlus (SDR++) looked really promissing. It doesn't have a full Mac dmg/.app release yet. It has a binary release for Mac, but requires you to install dependencies yourself. I'm using a M1 Mac mini, the release won't work on my Mac. However, I was able to compile from source code and run it with my SDRPlay RSP1A perfectly! It's much better than Gqrx or CubicSDR in my opinion, and the author is very active and responsive!

My goal is to use it as a bandscope/panadapter for my radio (currently TS-590SG). SDR++ supports rig control over TCP, it has a Hamlib server built-in. I wonder, can we PLEASE have Hamlib support added to RUMlogNG? I'm so close to make my setup perfect! Thanks very much!

Ming, N2IW