Lots of questions

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
PC9T

Lots of questions

Unread post by PC9T »

After stepping over from windows to Mac and surging for a good logging and contestsoftware i have installed RumlogNG.

So far a verry good , did i say that it is great :lol:

But to set it up properly it’s a lot of work, and i can’t find answers to my questions.

First is the a possibilty to edit the table columns, can you remove columns that you don’t want?

How can i setup FLdigi to work with RumlogNG for using it in the contestmode.
I cannot put FLdigi in Tx mode in contestmode.

And how to setup the messages in rtty and for qtc in wae contest

I have WSJT-X working but now i hope to get it setup for contesting.

Who can help me, i allready spend 3 days on the computer first to reinstall Catalina on the Mac because problems with Big Sur so a lot of computer hours allready, so hope not to spend hollidays on the computer this cry for help :mrgreen:

So tnx if you willing help me, also tnx from my wife :lol:

Maurice / PC9T
ct1drb

Re: Lots of questions

Unread post by ct1drb »

Hi Maurice,

here is ct1drb, op David qth close to Lisbon.

I do not know all your questions but the first one I will help you.

To remove columns that you do not want is just a question to put your mouse in one of the columns and then choose the right touch of mouse, it opens a long column with all fields, then it will be a question to select what you want.

Your next questions I am not able to help you cause I am CW operator and do not use WSJT-X.

Best 73 and HNY 2021.

CT1DRB/OK8RB
David Quental
PC9T

Unread post by PC9T »

Hi David,

Tnx for youre reply, that’s allready 1 question solved.

WSJT-X is just working fine with rumlogng, the only thing is FLdigi that have to use if you will use the contest mode in rtty and psk.

Best regards and HNY 2021 and stay save.

Maurice / PC9T
ct1drb

Unread post by ct1drb »

Hi Maurice,

happy to help you.

Others questions maybe Tom will help you much better than I.

Have a nice HNY 2021 full of health and a lot of DX's.

CT1DRB/OK8RB
David Quental
PC9T

Unread post by PC9T »

In the mean time I was stil surging how to setup the connection with Fldigi, and now it's working :D

Only 127.0.0.1 and 7362 did the job.

Now I have to see how the logging outside contest must be done from Fldigi tot RumlogNG, but that's for later because if there are no contests then I don't use digimodes like PSK or RTTY.

Again a step further, but still something to do, like how to fill in the messages for RTTY for F1 / till F8 and onder OTC's RTTY Receive QTC's and Send QTC's
So maybe someone can help me to setup this.

Another thing that I noticed is that under WSJT-X if I log a station that the info like name etc. not will be written in RumlogNG while I see the name an location filled in, but after logging it's gone.

How longer you playing with Rumlog the more you see that it is a great logging software.

But the more questions I get.

So for the questions now I hope someone can help me
PC9T

Unread post by PC9T »

Logging from Fldigi now runs by using the Fldig applescript.

I think i found how to set up the contest preferences for RTTY, but need the info for the QTC part.

So found a allready a lot after surching for hours what’s didn’t make my wife happy :mrgreen: .

After re-opening the stores it will cost me a lot of plants after the Xmas-tree is gone :lol: .

But during the corona time the stores in Holland are closed till 19 januari, so till then we can’t go anywhere.

Still someone wil react with te contest preferences for RTTY so i can see if i did it good, and how to set up the QTC part.

Ore am i the only one that is using the contest part.

I used for years N1MM and that was very good nothing better on Windows, but now i chosed for Mac and hope RumlogNG wil give my as much enjoyment as i had with N1MM.

So who help me with the last part so i can participate in the ARRL roundup RTTY contest coming weekend .

]pFor everyone a very good ending 2020 and a very good and healthy 2021 without corona and stay safe !!!!!!!!!
ct1drb

Unread post by ct1drb »

Hi Maurice,

how are you doing?

Happy that you have been improving your RUMlogNG knowledge, software is really good and works very well.

Unfortunately I am not able to help you more cause, as I wrote before, I am a CW operator and have never configured it to RTTY or other mode.

Anyway, enjoy your lockdown time with your family, take care about your health and have a very nice HNY 2021.

Best 73.

CT1DRB/OK8RB
David Quental
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Again a step further, but still something to do, like how to fill in the messages for RTTY for F1 / till F8 and onder OTC's RTTY Receive QTC's and Send QTC's
The settings for the QTCs are for the WARDC RTTY contest only. The next contest in in November! You should start with a less challenging contest.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM