Contest window and follow radios

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
kb9kld

Contest window and follow radios

Unread post by kb9kld »

I am relatively new to Rumlog, but I have been using it for general logging for a little while now. This past weekend was the first chance I had to try and use it for a contest. I was using 2 radios that are setup and work fine in the general logging window. I have Auto Toggle turned on and they switch back and forth as active when I dial around on them. That works good. When I started using the contest window, I expected the same behavior, however it would never recognize the 2nd radio. It would follow radio #1 fine. If I manually set the band to log a contact on the second radio, it would swap it back to radio #1 when i dialed around on it as expected. If I swapped the configuration of the two radios from slot 1 and 2, the other radio behaved the same as radio #1 and it would never select or follow radio 2. I also had the Follow Trx checked in the Contest window assuming this would provide the behavior I wanted. Unchecking it did not seem to change it.So in the contest I had to stick with one radio enabled and swap # between the saved positions to avoid the manual work.

So my question is, is this a bug or am I missing something.

Thanks
Jeff
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Contest window and follow radios

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The contest module supports and uses trx#1 only.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
kb9kld

Unread post by kb9kld »

Ok, that explains it. Any chance of a feature request to allow it to swap like the general logging window? I don't have a single radio that covers all the bands I use in the VHF contests. It is pretty common to make a contact on one band and move to another which for me is 2 different radios. Having it follow would be a very nice touch to an already great piece of software.

Thanks
Jeff
F4ARM

Unread post by F4ARM »

I have the same issue. Would like to use two transceivers for CQ WW but I am stuck with just one in contest mode. Any chance that this could be altered at some point?

Best 73s

Pierre F4ARM