Change QSL status of multiple QSOs

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
K8AJS

Re: Change QSL status of multiple QSOs

Unread post by K8AJS »

K8AJS wrote: Sun 11. Oct 2020, 15:54
DL2RUM wrote: Sun 11. Oct 2020, 13:30 I made a test log with 210.000 QSOs. Now I can notice a hung, pending on the number of affected QSOs. While editing a QSO with S01 doesn't show any delay, there is a hung of up to eight seconds when editing a QSO with a DL station (22.000 Qs in the log)
I addressed a performance problem and made few improvements, check this please and report: https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG_Test.zip
I checked and, based on the number of affected QSOs (selecting based on the DXCC of the QSO), I changed a couple of the affected QSOs with W1AW (there are 94,510 log entries for DXCC K) and then I made a change in a QSO with an HL (59 log entries for HL in my log). There was virtually no difference in the time required, they both took a duration of 20 to 25 seconds to complete.

Hope this helps.
Let me change that, based on a different discovery. The changes that I made that had times the same as I had before were done using the logbook mask in the Search QSOs window. If I make the same type of change in the main log window, the times are much shorter. I did a change on an S50 callsign (1678 QSOs in the log) working in the main log window, and the time required was next to nothing.

Hope this helps.

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
K8AJS

Unread post by K8AJS »

K8AJS wrote: Sun 11. Oct 2020, 16:11
Let me change that, based on a different discovery. The changes that I made that had times the same as I had before were done using the logbook mask in the Search QSOs window. If I make the same type of change in the main log window, the times are much shorter. I did a change on an S50 callsign (1678 QSOs in the log) working in the main log window, and the time required was next to nothing.

Hope this helps.
But on further checks using W1AW, the time is still very long, in the 20 second range. Of course, that K DXCC probably affects more log entries than some of the other items, so maybe that is an area to look for the problem.

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Concerning your root problem: You could manipulate your logbook file directly using a SQLite database tool. Somethings like this:

Code: Select all

update logbook set qsl = "W" where qsl = "R"
After that, you have to recalculate your DXCC status using the Logbook menu.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K8AJS

Unread post by K8AJS »

DL2RUM wrote: Sun 11. Oct 2020, 16:03
Hope this helps.
Not really. Could you e-mail me your log file for further investigations?
OK, I'll attach It to an email and send it your way.
John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com