RUMlogNG <> Commander DXLab Suite

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
James

RUMlogNG <> Commander DXLab Suite

Unread post by James »

I would like RumLog and DXLab Commander to communicate (as put in the RumlogNG help, "DxLab Suite Commander server" section) but I am not able to do this after several tests.
My rig is an FT-857D.
Commander is on a PC with IP "X", with win10 and Rumlog is on a Mac with IP "Y", with MacOs Catalina, both on the same home network.
What should I put in Commander's "UDP Network Service" and in RumlogNG's UDP section? See screens with default values.
In which boxes and what specific values? I am a little disappointed with this topic, sorry. :oops:
Depending on how the tests go, I'll take the best of Commnader.
By the way, his program is amazing. It was hard to find something like this for my new Mac. I'm grateful.

DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RUMlogNG <> Commander DXLab Suite

Unread post by DL2RUM »

What’s are your intentions? What is your Windows app doing? The server doesn’t use UDP, its just a tcp/ip connection.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
James

Unread post by James »

Tom, thanks for your interest.

My intention is that RumlogNG share and send frequency, mode and callsign and Commander will receive it. The DXLab suite is interconnected and with it you could see propagation information for the frequency band, for example.

I don't know what else I could do, it depends on the information that RumlogNG can send and receive Commander.

I don't understand much how it goes but I have the following idea:
A computer should send to an IP (that of the other computer) and a port, that information and the other computer should receive it through that port?
I imagine it like this:
On the computer with RumlogNG, the IP of the other COMPUTER and a port must be defined.
And on the other computer (whit Commander) the server IP (in this case RumlogNG) and the same port must be defined.
Is that so?
Excuse my ignorance.

73, James.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

These are different stories. RUMlog can run a DxLab Suite Commander server. This one is used to control a transceiver connected to RUMlog from another application as client. An example is WSJT-X. WSJT-X can control a TRX via RUMlog. The client commands the server to switch mode, frequency or can query for these data.

You just want to broadcast these data in the network via UDP. RUMlog uses here the N1MM format: https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/appendices/e ... roadcasts/ In these broadcasts you can find TRX frequency and mode data, data about logged QSOs, etc. You need another app in your network to receive and process these data.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
James

Unread post by James »

First, excuse me because I don't know how to write in English ...

The second option is not viable for me, if another application is needed to process this data, I will not know.
It only remains for me to experiment (I like it) with the first option you say, that is, when I want, Comander changes the Mode and Frequency of the transceiver that I currently control from Rumlog.

Currently I control the transceiver from Rumlog to Flrig and it works great. It is the current way of how I work.

I complicated my life adding Comander in the middle?
Maybe yes, it is a way to experience the interconnection between different applications. That is all.

So how do I define it in Comander and Rumlog for this to work?

Thanks Thomas for your infinite patience.