Microham Question

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
LA0FA

Microham Question

Unread post by LA0FA »

I don't find any explanation for the 3 checkboxes in the MicroHam tab of the preferences menu:
1. Simulate Auto Info for ICOM
2. Use decoder if connected
3. Dont interfere USB control

I have bought a MKIII and try to make it work with the IC7610 and would love to still use USB port direct to transceiver for faster CAT control & scope while the audio part(FSK/CW keying) to be done through MKIII. So any hints welcome.
73 de LA0FA
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Microham Question

Unread post by DL2RUM »

From the microHAM Router Protocol description:
  1. Periodically simulate sending of autoinformation by radio. This prevents PW1 amplifier connected to the same bus to send a query and therefore to undesirable interfere with CAT communication. Used only for Icom radios.
  2. Decoder is active even if USB is connected
  3. Suppress own queries when USB is connected, just interpret answers to computer queries
Not all makes sense for us users. These options may be useful when the microKeyer is in the standalone mode.

I use this setup: Direct USB connection from TRX to RUMlog for CAT. CW, FSK and all Audio via the MKIII.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
LA0FA

Re: Microham Question

Unread post by LA0FA »

Thanks for your swift feedback! This is working nicely now here. IC-7610 - MKIII - ACOM2000 in combination. USB CAT control direct between transceiver and iMac and MKIII for all audio & FSK & CW. ACOM CAT control from MKIII. Only drawback is that IC7610 not has sub-RX constant AF-level output (I use speaker B output rear as workaround). 73 de LA0FA