SP DX contest

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
K8AJS

SP DX contest

Unread post by K8AJS »

Looking at my plans for contest operation, one contest I plan to enter is the SP DX contest (non-SP) entry. I created a contest log today for that contest and was checking it, and I see that it's missing an entry category. I was planning on trying their 3-band Mixed category, but I see that the category is not present in the choices when creating the Cabrillo log, there are only selections for All-band and single-band.

Can this be changed in the contest setup? The contest dates are April 4 - 5 and rules are at https://spdxcontest.pzk.org.pl/2020/rules.php

Thank you for your help.

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: SP DX contest

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Good question.
Just select SOTB MIXED from the Category popup. There is no Cabrillo specification for three bands. Keep the Band info free, or edit the Cabrillo file using a simple text editor. There is no examples for the logs.
Maybe you can enter you category in the web form. I don't know.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K8AJS

Unread post by K8AJS »

OK, I guess I'll have to select All Band Mixed for the log, and then edit the Cabrillo file after the contest is complete. It won't be the first time I've done something like that...

Thanks for your help.

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
K8AJS

Unread post by K8AJS »

OK, NOW I've got it...I looked in the wrong place for Category when I was first doing it. SOTB is Single Op Three Band, so that should result in a proper Cabrillo file.

Thanks again for helping me see things correctly...

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com