Rumlog Apple script for cocoaModem..problem

QSO logging software for the Mac
IZ3NVC

Rumlog Apple script for cocoaModem..problem

Unread post by IZ3NVC »

Hello Tom, I am an Italian user of your program. I have download yesterday the latest version of cocoaModem (0.60) and I noticed a problem, when I put log an QSO in the Rumlog 3.7.3. You enclosed a picture 1 of what happens.

Then when push "OK" the program closes cocoaModem as image 2.

ImageImage

When I running the RUMlog script from the script editor this is the effect

I hope you can send a file to run the two programs together. Thank you

Carlo Lustro
IZ3NVC Treviso - Italia
carlo.design@markbett.it
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Rumlog Apple script for cocoaModem..problem

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hi Carlo,

I have just tested it with the latest RUMlog version (3.7.3) and latest cocoaModem(0.60) version and it works fine. Please follow Chen's hint to delete other/older cocoaModem versions on your computer and report again.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
2E0SKI

Unread post by 2E0SKI »

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem, but I am using cocoaModem 2.0 Version 0.69 and RUMLog 3.10.1 and running on Mac OS X 10.4.11

I thought I'd try and use RUMLog, as it has many DX features I'd like to use and more. I am surprised I never tried it before now!
Any how, I am also a cocaoModem 2.0 user, have been for about a year now, so I thought would be great to be able to log QSOs directly to RUMlog.

I am using the Applescript supplied with RUMlog, however, when I press the "log" button, I get an error pop giving the message;

"Mac OS error -1700 for Log script.
Error detail: cocoaModem 2.0 got an error: Can't
make «class qCAL» of «class qsoD» into type
reference."

... and after pressing OK cocoaModem would crash, just as Carlo Lustro - IZ3NVC experienced.

I did check what was suggested, that I didn't have any old cocoaModem programs still installed. I am at bit of a loss. I even tried Aetherlog and MacLoggerDX, and their supplied scripts would also blow up in the same way. This points to a possible problem with cocoaModem and or my system. But, I thought I'd ask here in this forum, as I like RUMlog, and maybe someone reading here has seen this problem recently and might have a fix, or can suggest what I can do?

André - 2E0SKI
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hi André,

it seems there is something wrong on your computer. I can't remember how to fix it. Here on 10.5 and the latest program versions, the script works fine. Do you have moved cocoModem out of the application folder? Are you sure, there are no other cM versions on your disk?
Try to run the script from the script editor, what happens? Can you open the cocoaModem directory in the script editor? (Menu-->File-->Open Directory then select cocoaModem)
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
2E0SKI

Re: Rumlog Apple script for cocoaModem..problem - fixed

Unread post by 2E0SKI »

Hi Tom,

The problem was the fact that I am running on Tiger (10.4), and the sdef specifications are for Leopard (10.5) in the latest cocoaModem 2.0 version 0.69 bundle. Chen reminded me of the fact!

I used SdefEditor http://www.shadowlab.org/Software/sdefe ... hp?lang=en to edit the cocoaModem sdef file the Application bundle and change it from 10.5 specification to 10.4 and save (over write).

After that, the Applescripts are now working just fine with cocaoModem 2 now.

I hope this helps anyone else who might be stuck with this problem on Tiger.

vy 73

André - 2E0SKI
2E0SKI

New release of cocoaModem avaialble - fixes bug

Unread post by 2E0SKI »

Hi,

Chen, W7AY, has released cocoaModem 2.0 version 0.70

http://homepage.mac.com/chen/w7ay/cocoa ... index.html

Besides adding support for Japanese localization and more, support for Tiger (10.4) sdef has been confirmed.

Thus if you are running Tiger, the Applscripts will work.

André - 2E0SKI