HA-DX contest

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
K8AJS

HA-DX contest

Unread post by K8AJS »

I've been operating in the HA-DX contest some today. I created a new contest log and selected "HA-DX dx side" for the contest.After a while, I noticed that the logger was not scoring properly.

From the contest rules online:
---------------------
10. Scoring:
Contact with a Hungarian station: 10 points
Contact with a station on your continent: 2 points
Contact with a station on another continent: 5 points

The / AM, / MM stations are worth two points regardless of country and cannot be taken into account as a multiplier.

Multipliers: worked DXCC + WAE list countries (exception HA) and Hungarian counties (BA, BE, BN, BO, BP, CS, FE, GY, HB, HE, SZ, KO, NG, PE, SO, SA, TO, VA, VE, ZA) per band, regardless of mode.

The final result is the sum of points earned per band and mode multiplied by the sum of multipliers worked per band.
---------------------
Instead, what I'm getting is 1 point for a contact on my continent, 3 points for a contact on a different continent, and 6 points for each Hungarian contact. In addition, the only multipliers being listed are the Hungarian counties, no multiplier credit is being displayed for contacts in other countries.

I know this really doesn't make any difference for the contest entry, the submitted Cabrillo log will be scored correctly. I'm just pointing it out as something to look into and get corrected for the next update.

Thanks for your great work!
John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: HA-DX contest

Unread post by DL2RUM »

It seems the rules changed recently. I have to rewrite this contest completely.
Please check RUMlog before the contest! I'm not able to check each of the ca. 120 supported contests every year.

Tnx for the hint.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K8AJS

Re: HA-DX contest

Unread post by K8AJS »

I'll try to do better at that, checking the contests farther ahead of time!

This was kind of a late decision to play in this contest, I've never entered it before. I'll try to plan a little farther ahead and take your advice to check the contests I'm entering...:-)

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com