TX/RX Notes and Genereal Confusion

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
WA0TJT

TX/RX Notes and Genereal Confusion

Unread post by WA0TJT »

I'm doing something wrong and despite being a long time user of RUMlog/RUMlogNG I have not successfully figured out what.
I like to use it with WSJT-X, but if I do I don't get the correct RX and TX values. If I put them in 'Comments' via the WSJT-X options they are delivered to RUMlogNG in Notes. But because I chose that method to do the logging, I don't get QTH or Name logged because RNG doesn't pick them up from its own 'Log Station Info'.
All the information is being displayed in the 'Log Station Info' window but when I log from WSJT-X its NOT added to RNG, without duping the entry.
I guess my question is how do I get the best of both worlds? I'd like to be able to have the RX/TX logged, the name (preferable first and last) and the QTH (with state/county) but without manual intervention I don't see how to do that.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: TX/RX Notes and Genereal Confusion

Unread post by DL2RUM »

how do I get the best of both worlds?
You can get the best, but not both!
When RUMlog logs the QSO direct from WSJT-X it saves data provided by WSJT-X only. When you want to save all information pre-filled from qrz.com or from previous QSOs you have to:
  • deselect the option Preferences-->UDP-->WSJT-X-->Save QSOs
  • select the option Preferences-->UDP-->WSJT-X-->Call check
Once you have hit the Log button in WSJT-X go now to RUMlog, review all data and just press the Enter key.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM