New LoTW band confirmations no longer show as "new ones".

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
k4zrj

New LoTW band confirmations no longer show as "new ones".

Unread post by k4zrj »

Tom,

Runnig 3.2. When I get LoTW QSLs, new band confirmations no longer show in the "New one?" column and the "DXCC Entities" window does not get updated until I run a "Recalculate DXCC for all QSOs". In fact, the "New one?" column used to show "Band", "DXCC", "IOTA" and maybe a few others. Now, nothing shows in that column.

Also, have noticed in the "DX Spots" window, when I select a band the column "Hdg." is listed twice.

I really like the "Contest" mode. It works well for me. Is there a way to import contest QSOs into the log without going through the proces exporting and importing an ADIF file?

Thanks & 73,
Charles, K4ZRJ
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: New LoTW band confirmations no longer show as "new ones"

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When I get LoTW QSLs, new band confirmations no longer show in the "New one?" column and the "DXCC Entities" window does not get updated until I run a "Recalculate DXCC for all QSOs". In fact, the "New one?" column used to show "Band", "DXCC", "IOTA" and maybe a few others. Now, nothing shows in that column.
Maybe these aren't new ones? Please note, the DXCC table isn't a real time window. You have to close and reopen it to update.
Also, have noticed in the "DX Spots" window, when I select a band the column "Hdg." is listed twice.

Which OS-X version are you using? I've seen this problem before. Go to the Terminal and enter:

Code: Select all

defaults read de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG "NSTableView Supports v2 T_Dx_Spot"
What ist the result?
I really like the "Contest" mode. It works well for me. Is there a way to import contest QSOs into the log without going through the proces exporting and importing an ADIF file?
Menu–>Logbook–>Import contest file
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
k4zrj

Unread post by k4zrj »

Tom,

Actually, the "new ones" are truely new ones. I worked three new ones in the 160M contest this last weekend and the LoTW QSLs came through but not shown as "new ones" and I had to recalulate DXCC before the DXCC window would reflect the new QSLs. I understand the DXCC window is not real time.

Running OSX 10.11.6. Terminal reply is : The domain/default pair of (/Users/charlesjohnson/Library/Containers/de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG/Data/Library/Preferences/de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG, NSTableView Supports v2 T_Dx_Spot) does not exist

Sorry, I did not see the menu entry "Import contest file".

73, Charles, K4ZRJ
k4zrj

Unread post by k4zrj »

The option Preferences -> LoTW/eQSL -> "Use QSL details" controls this behavior. For some unknown (?) reason, mine had become unchecked, resulting in the above "issue". Checked the box, and all is well once again.

73, CJ, K4ZRJ